Long Term Review of the Super "Sleeper"
By JackY on
1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan
I still love this car. My #2 son fights with me to drive it. Runs great, but of course, needs maintenance care as my car ages. As of this day, I have 130,000 miles on this car, 85% highway and 15% local (all local these past 3 years). At 80,000 miles the dash lights failed. I fitted interior LED dash lights. A $15 fix, cheaper than new interior light autodim controller. Transmission failed at 110,000 miles. Drive faded into neutral and stayed there. Replaced with new tranny. Replaced old, leaky engine manifold seals. Replaced worn-out front passenger wheel assembly. No wings, no lowering. I need to be incognito, and need pothole/snow clearance!
Favorite Features
Power, ride, stability. Reliability and comfort. Tire upgrades mandatory to realize performance of this car. 225/60/16 Bridgestone LST's are great for daily distance driving economy (80 miles per day commuter round trips), but not the highest performing. Necessary evil - grip vs. wear.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger stronger brake discs, but oversized aftermarket discs won't fit 15" snow tire set. 215/70/15 Winterforce snow tire set and traction control carves through snow piles like a knife. Must replace lousy Goodyear LS OEMs with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position Ultra Performance All Seasons!