Used 1999 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

1999 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Best Car I Ever Owned
By shop247

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

She's just about past her prime. She has 230k miles on her, we drive 25k a year. It hurts to take her off the road but she's worked long and hard. Never failed to start, even at 3 am on the coldest winter day. This year has been tough on her, I've sunk close to $3k into her, ac compressor, tie rods, brakes, mass air flow, a blower motor, and a few other little things. Her rack just went and the trannie lines are leaking so it's time to let go. I did have to replace the trannie a few years ago at about 150k miles or so. In the last 10 years, I've replaced the battery once, maybe 2 starters and an alternator.. My mechanic swears the engine on these cars will never die.

Favorite Features

leather heated seats, corners like a dream, no shimmying or shaking at high speeds, steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Since I got 230k miles out of the engine, I think you did good.

problems
By Connie

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Needed new power steering, air condition went, intake manifold gasket for over $1,000, Fuel Pump, Starter, Cracked sway bar. I will never buy a GM Car again.

Great Car
By DJB

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

We have had our Regal for 10 years and it just rolled over 200,000. We have driven it on many driving vacations and got as good as 29 mpg on those trips. This is our 2nd Regal. The first one we had for about 8 years and it had about 250,000 miles on it. Very good product! I'm just sorry that they don't make the Regal anymore. I see that it is a big seller in China or Japan though so maybe it will make it's way back to the US one day. The problems we have had are minimal, nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Style, comfortable ride, sound system

Wonderful Car!
By sacha

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1999 mainly because I liked the design. We ordered the LSE model instead of the GS because I did not want a sunroof. Wow, I loved this car so much that we still have it. I have had almost no problems with it. In fact, I know it is time to buy a new car, but my LSE is running so well I can't justify it. I had all the exterior scratches touched up last year so the body looks new! I hope Buick comes out with a new luxury car in 2010!

Favorite Features

smooth ride, leather interior, controls on steering wheel, clean exterior design

Suggested Improvements

plastic cup hoders cracked

Not just for Grannies
By Buickgirl

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I love my Buick Regal, I took a lot of grief for it when I purchased it in 2002 - 0nly 24 years old at the time my friends thought I was crazy to purchase a "grandma car". This was the best decision I ever made, I will keep this car forever. I've just reached 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Handles very well in the snow and lots of power. Easy to manever and makes me feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical issues, keys get stuck in ignition, Check Engine light won't shut off even though my mechanic has checked everything thoroughly. Some issues with headlights and window seals.