1999 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Buick Regal 1999
By DawgDawg on 08/13/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I brought this car when it had 20,000 miles and its now 160020. Everything fell apart. Transmission, window powers, radio, rear mirror, power seat, and many more. The car was mainly highway and drove all over USA and Canada. I have loved and enjoy this car but I'm suprised in about 2 months range, everything fell apart! It's sitting on my driveway and it's a junk car now. I was hoping it would last till 300k but it's a Buick. Buick does not last long time period! This car is fun but if past about 150k, get rid of it!

Want a new car but can't let go.
By MISSY on 07/22/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Other reviews are pretty on mark, great car. Except little electronic things like windows with 125,000 miles and counting nothing but tires, brakes have cost me. I do notice some jerking with shifting so may need some transmission work, but in optional performance shift no jerking. Highway mpg's around 29-30. Making up for my occasional immature actions at stop lights to let my kids know their old mom is still cool!

This car doesn't break
By andrew on 06/02/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for almost 9 years and have put over 200,000 miles on it. The only thing that has broke is the multifunction stalk (turn signal, etc). The car is extremely comfortable to drive if you are over 6 ft. However, it does make the back seat very hard to use. Fuel economy is decent. I get around 28 on the highway and around 22 on hilly rural roads. I would recommend this car to anyone, it is the greatest car ever made. After this car hits 300k, I'm going to look for a low mileage 2003 or 2004 Regal to be my next car.

Wow
By Abu on 12/17/07 14:17 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

My mother bought me a 99 Regal as a high school graduation present and OMG, this car is awesome! It has everything, power, looks and most importantly reliability. People automatically assume that just because its a Buick that old people drive them and there is nothing much under the hood, false, and I only have the LS, the GS must be sweet! When I got the car (03/06) it was 119,000 miles on it, and now in 12/07 I have 132,000 miles on it. No problems at all! People say that American cars aren't that dependable, with regular mileage they are! My only problem with the car is the gas mileage but then again I am an aggressive driver; I mean you gotta be especially here in Michigan.

1999 Regal
By sthar on 09/11/07 08:04 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I had my Regal for five years. One of the best cars I have ever owned. Very comfortable and very reliabale. It is a gas and go. However, I do perventive maintenance on the car. Changing oil every 3000 miles etc. I love all the features. The interior still looks new. I will buy another Regal. I can't say enough about the car. I love it! The car still runs great!

Why I should have got a Nissan
By Jerry on 08/01/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I hate this car. I bought the car because it was more affordable and had very low miles. I have always been wary of buying American cars, but the junk I bought off the side of the road seemed to hold up pretty well for only paying 4-500 for them. This car has had more problems in 1 year than all of my other cars put together. Rear main shaft seal, torque converter, head gaskets, the temperature control unit, gauge cluster, headlights going off for no reason...to make it easy, I paid 9k for the car and have already put 3k into it and now it needs another 1000 to pass inspection. This car is junk.

Supercharged Fun
By 69goat on 03/06/07 19:56 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

A V6 with V8 power and pretty good economy. It's really fun to drive, with great handling. Have a ball at a reasonable price.

Worst car I have ever owned
By Davidson Man on 02/23/07 08:09 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I thought that it would last a long time. Boy was I wrong. I bought the car used at a GM dealer and it had about 16,000 miles on it. I started to have isues with the transmission just before the warranty ran out (36000) miles. To make a long story short I replaced a transmission solenoid, rack and pinion steering, and fuel pump at my expense (at various times after the warranty ran out). The headlights started getting hazey at about 60,000 miles by the time I sold the car they were almost opaque. The power rear window regulator went bad and it was going to cost $328 to buy the part. No wonder GM is in such bad shape, I won't be buying any more GM cars.

A car for the Regal.
By dan on 12/12/06 21:32 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I love my Buick! I have owned it for 7 years and it has low mileage and runs like it's new. This car has so much power. It doesn't seem like it by looking at it. the interior design is conservative, and so is the exterior design but with a sporty look to it. Unless you're driving a luxury car with a massive engine under the hood, don't race me at a stoplight. I will win.

Long Term Review of the Super "Sleeper"
By JackY on 12/08/06 12:41 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I still love this car. My #2 son fights with me to drive it. Runs great, but of course, needs maintenance care as my car ages. As of this day, I have 130,000 miles on this car, 85% highway and 15% local (all local these past 3 years). At 80,000 miles the dash lights failed. I fitted interior LED dash lights. A $15 fix, cheaper than new interior light autodim controller. Transmission failed at 110,000 miles. Drive faded into neutral and stayed there. Replaced with new tranny. Replaced old, leaky engine manifold seals. Replaced worn-out front passenger wheel assembly. No wings, no lowering. I need to be incognito, and need pothole/snow clearance!