Used 1999 Buick Regal GS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Best Car Ever I Had
By Mark

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This is the Most Fun best Driving car I Every Had. I Bought 1999 Buick regal GS brand spanking new. It was still on the truck when i called the dealership. Took it for a test drive and the supercharger kicked in, WOW. The Leather seats never ripped, radio, windows ,ac and all the power never stopped working. I only ran Mobil 1 oil and Trans fluid. After 200,000 we had some transmission work but after 248,000 the engine just quit. But up till then it still got 28 mph on the highway to work. After 16 years this has been the Best Ever, only bad was the Premium Gas.

Horrible car
By Connie

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 55,000 miles I finally had to junk it at 130,000 miles I had to put at least $8,000 into it, What a lemon.

Good but had some problems with it!
By dirtracer29

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

its a great car, lots of power, traction control turns on and off on it- 300,000. Rusty on the bottom end badly, dash light showing mileage and miles went out - 280k -300k, replaced transmission 200k, only since it was beat to death. Had a rim get rusty on the inside bead- chrome rims and it would start to leak all the time. Them are the only problems ive had car is hard as a rock.

240hp, easily smoke any 4 cylinder pos or 6 cylinder.

Tried and True
By Ryan

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I think this car has proven to be one of the best cars of the past decade. There are some things I wish had been designed differently but all in all, this car has been a gem. I have about 145K miles on it, and have had a repair or two. This is my third Buick and won't be my last.

Comfort-Seats are extremely comfortable and have held up well with proper leather treatment. Body styling/reliability-With regular care, the exterior is in immaculate condition; and no rust.

Interior materials could be slightly improved. Less plastic, more leather and vinyl. Overall, this car is fantastic.

Great Car
By DJB

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

We have had our Regal for 10 years and it just rolled over 200,000. We have driven it on many driving vacations and got as good as 29 mpg on those trips. This is our 2nd Regal. The first one we had for about 8 years and it had about 250,000 miles on it. Very good product! I'm just sorry that they don't make the Regal anymore. I see that it is a big seller in China or Japan though so maybe it will make it's way back to the US one day. The problems we have had are minimal, nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle.

Style, comfortable ride, sound system