1999 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Good but had some problems with it!
By dirtracer29 on 03/17/13 15:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

its a great car, lots of power, traction control turns on and off on it- 300,000. Rusty on the bottom end badly, dash light showing mileage and miles went out - 280k -300k, replaced transmission 200k, only since it was beat to death. Had a rim get rusty on the inside bead- chrome rims and it would start to leak all the time. Them are the only problems ive had car is hard as a rock.

Tried and True
By Ryan on 01/28/10 09:17 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I think this car has proven to be one of the best cars of the past decade. There are some things I wish had been designed differently but all in all, this car has been a gem. I have about 145K miles on it, and have had a repair or two. This is my third Buick and won't be my last.

Great Car
By DJB on 06/16/09 18:30 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

We have had our Regal for 10 years and it just rolled over 200,000. We have driven it on many driving vacations and got as good as 29 mpg on those trips. This is our 2nd Regal. The first one we had for about 8 years and it had about 250,000 miles on it. Very good product! I'm just sorry that they don't make the Regal anymore. I see that it is a big seller in China or Japan though so maybe it will make it's way back to the US one day. The problems we have had are minimal, nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle.

Want a new car but can't let go.
By MISSY on 07/22/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Other reviews are pretty on mark, great car. Except little electronic things like windows with 125,000 miles and counting nothing but tires, brakes have cost me. I do notice some jerking with shifting so may need some transmission work, but in optional performance shift no jerking. Highway mpg's around 29-30. Making up for my occasional immature actions at stop lights to let my kids know their old mom is still cool!

Supercharged Fun
By 69goat on 03/06/07 19:56 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

A V6 with V8 power and pretty good economy. It's really fun to drive, with great handling. Have a ball at a reasonable price.

A car for the Regal.
By dan on 12/12/06 21:32 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I love my Buick! I have owned it for 7 years and it has low mileage and runs like it's new. This car has so much power. It doesn't seem like it by looking at it. the interior design is conservative, and so is the exterior design but with a sporty look to it. Unless you're driving a luxury car with a massive engine under the hood, don't race me at a stoplight. I will win.

Long Term Review of the Super "Sleeper"
By JackY on 12/08/06 12:41 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I still love this car. My #2 son fights with me to drive it. Runs great, but of course, needs maintenance care as my car ages. As of this day, I have 130,000 miles on this car, 85% highway and 15% local (all local these past 3 years). At 80,000 miles the dash lights failed. I fitted interior LED dash lights. A $15 fix, cheaper than new interior light autodim controller. Transmission failed at 110,000 miles. Drive faded into neutral and stayed there. Replaced with new tranny. Replaced old, leaky engine manifold seals. Replaced worn-out front passenger wheel assembly. No wings, no lowering. I need to be incognito, and need pothole/snow clearance!

A lot of bang for the buck
By bill on 08/05/06 06:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I get so tired of Americans whining about American car quality. If you do not maintain a car properly, it won't last. The Buick Regal is a great car and I will definitely continue buying them.

Dependable as they get
By Danny on 01/23/06 22:51 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

It's not the most stylish car on the planet, but I knew that going in. I bought a GS after much research led me to believe this was a very dependable car (although I found claims about the motor a bit of a stretch.) To be short - they weren't. I befriended several young buick enthusiasts on the web over the next year who helped me modify the motor in several ways... eventually boosting the output to 280hp and almost 325 ft-lbs of torque. Most of those kids take theirs to tracks on the weekends - I just like to surprise people in sports cars. I love this car. I bought it at 34k miles for $12K. Now at 126k and it runs like new (very fast too!)

Smokin' Sleeper
By Red Weasel on 05/14/05 21:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2002 used with 49k miles, trading it in now 05/2005 with 109k miles. Very fast car, you'd never expect it and it always shocked everyone. I can be rolling 10mph, punch it and still smoke the tires. Sorry to see Buick stoped making the GS. Engine is great, no problems, oil still clear after 6,000 miles. Big drawback is fuel economy which totally stinks in city driving. But car has lots of gadgets, very comfortable, a hot rod and a luxury car combined. Monsoon stereo system is awesome.