Used 1999 Buick Regal GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Horrible car
By Connie

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 55,000 miles I finally had to junk it at 130,000 miles I had to put at least $8,000 into it, What a lemon.

Good but had some problems with it!
By dirtracer29

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

its a great car, lots of power, traction control turns on and off on it- 300,000. Rusty on the bottom end badly, dash light showing mileage and miles went out - 280k -300k, replaced transmission 200k, only since it was beat to death. Had a rim get rusty on the inside bead- chrome rims and it would start to leak all the time. Them are the only problems ive had car is hard as a rock.

240hp, easily smoke any 4 cylinder pos or 6 cylinder.

Tried and True
By Ryan

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I think this car has proven to be one of the best cars of the past decade. There are some things I wish had been designed differently but all in all, this car has been a gem. I have about 145K miles on it, and have had a repair or two. This is my third Buick and won't be my last.

Comfort-Seats are extremely comfortable and have held up well with proper leather treatment. Body styling/reliability-With regular care, the exterior is in immaculate condition; and no rust.

Interior materials could be slightly improved. Less plastic, more leather and vinyl. Overall, this car is fantastic.

Great Car
By DJB

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

We have had our Regal for 10 years and it just rolled over 200,000. We have driven it on many driving vacations and got as good as 29 mpg on those trips. This is our 2nd Regal. The first one we had for about 8 years and it had about 250,000 miles on it. Very good product! I'm just sorry that they don't make the Regal anymore. I see that it is a big seller in China or Japan though so maybe it will make it's way back to the US one day. The problems we have had are minimal, nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle.

Style, comfortable ride, sound system

Want a new car but can't let go.
By MISSY

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Other reviews are pretty on mark, great car. Except little electronic things like windows with 125,000 miles and counting nothing but tires, brakes have cost me. I do notice some jerking with shifting so may need some transmission work, but in optional performance shift no jerking. Highway mpg's around 29-30. Making up for my occasional immature actions at stop lights to let my kids know their old mom is still cool!