1998 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Like the Car, Maintained Regularly
By John O. on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Aside from a new fuel pump at around 40000 miles, the car's been very reliable, has 99000 miles on it now.

First time Buick Owner
By lcaldw on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car to drive. However there have been a few things that are very annoying. Mainly the wheel noise is horrible, the cup holders for the front are VERY inconvenient to use. And they are placed in the wrong angle. It makes it very difficult for the driver to reach their cup as it is in a ackward position to begin with. I had to replace the battery and the blower fan mower at less than 100K miles on it.

My Experience
By dollyhaus on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My experience has revealed the reliability of the vehicle has been excellent and feel it is due to the quality of the workmanship. It is economical to drive. Have found it to be a very comfortable auto for traveling on the highway. Only wish they would modify the exterior somewhat. Getting ready to purchase a 2003 model but wish the colors were not so blah...need more color!

Excellent value
By Bushwack on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Ergonomically, this car is great. In fact, for $26K it's difficult to complain about anything. All in all a great value. But...I do plan on selling the car in a couple years and wish its' resale value would be much better and comparable to other cars in its class.

1998 Buick regal GS
By Bill Crump on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Having owned several high-end cars - Mercedes Benz, Volvo, 3 BMW's, Park Avenues - I find this car to be as good as any, and a lot cheaper to maintain and service. I bought it quickly for convenience and economy, but will keep it for the long haul. It looks great and runs with spirit and efficiency.

Excellent Buick Regal
By Fred Wulff on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

A most dependable vehicle, fun to drive with the super charger developing 240 horepower. High standards in build quality. Great mid-size sedan for the sports car enthusiast or famly seday. Do not hesitate to purchase this great vehicle.

Fun Family Car
By Jim M. on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought this car fresh out of college planning ahead for a family. I have owned it for exactly one year with no regrets whatsoever. With leather, a great sound system, fog lights, and a sunroof it's a blast to cruise around town in, even without the supercharged engine. The interior styling uses a little more plastic than I would like, but the exterior lines are well coordinated. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a well designed 4 door ride.

Awesome Engine, Decent Car
By Sebastian0622 on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Regal for over a year. I am very happy with the performance-- straight ahead performance is great for a sedan and leaves annoying sport compacts in the dust--and also happy with comfort and powertrain reliability. There have been too many minor problems however...I wish GM would spend the extra dollars to buy higher quality interior and amenity equipment. Power window switches keep dying on me, the heated seats malfunctioned and burned the leather, the console has some sort of rubber coating that is peeling off...etc. Overall, I love my Regal but I must admit that while the stuff under the hood is bulletproof, the rest is mediocre.

My Review
By kwood627 on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This Buick Regal GS has been an excellent car for me. It performs very nicely, has a great ride and has had no problems at all. It has only required oil changes and regular routine preventive maintenance. I would rate it a 10.

1998 Regal GS 3.8 Supercharged
By Elrod on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used with 12,000 mile bumber-to-bumper warrantee. Had to replace both front and rear brakes under warrantee. Drivers window switch touchy in humid weather. Cup holder very poorly placed and cheaply made. "Sport shift" option too easy to turn off by accident. Upside? Looks very sharp - tinting windows and adding vent covers helped. I surprise a lot of people with the 3.8 supercharged engine - very few 4 doors on the road are faster. I had a 91 Pontiac Bonneville (non-supercharged) before this and the difference is dramatic. Too bad (good thing?) it's electronically governed to 115 MPH.