1998 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Nagging Problems
By William Rarick on 01/29/06 17:31 PM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Lots of power and decent gas mileage. However many nagging problems. Both rear window regulators went out, $700 to fix, rear brake calipers replaced $500, Ball joints need relaced $700 more. Japanese cars I feel are much more reliable.

Noble Knight
By Ketch on 11/17/05 01:17 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Everyone should know by now what a sleeper of a car this is. The power was awesome, the elongated leather seats were the best on my back although some extra side of seat firmness would have helped. The engine was flawless until about 90k when the supercharger pully bearing started to fail...otherwise, it was perfectly reliable. The only complaint is that the front-end was a little long and tended to scrape on declining-to- street entries. Mine is gone now - the victim of a side impact directly on the B-pillar from a Dodge 2500 truck. I miss the car but most importantly, it was built well enough to save my girlfriend's life. Easily, best in its class - it was just never properly promoted.

Good looks aren't everything
By Jay on 11/16/05 08:42 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Great looking car, but every winter my heater turns my lights off. Major electrical problems, plus the Dexcool builds up an oily residue in my coolant system and I have to flush every year, not every 5 like they state. Try to stay away from this car.

Love my GS
By drivefast! on 10/01/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This is a car to love. I bought it at 44,000 miles and have replaced only the tires. It is at 94,000 now and going strong! I love the speed but it can be a little too floaty above 85. I love the stereo, heated seats, sunroof, and leather interior. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Very reliable and a great "sleeper" at stop lights... : ) I hope it lasts another 100,000 miles! Safety is also important. I had someone stop me at a gas station who said his wife was in a very bad head-on accident with this car and walked away unharmed. Great car!

Excellent car for the money
By jpstax on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Like some other GM cars (namely the Corvette and Camaro Z-28), the Regal GS has a lot of "bang for the buck". I bought my '98 GS mainly because my wife's '00 Regal GSE is such a reliable and fast car, and so I decided to get one too. Neither car has given us any problems. The car dealer suggested regular preventive maintenance for the engine and tranny, which should pay off in the future.

What a nice car
By Buick Driver on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car is a great comination of style and performance. Only repairs I had to do was replace the alternator at 32,000. I love this car

Kiss my spoiler HONDA
By BUICK TEEN on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I love this car, everything about it. I am 19 and think this car is just plain out awesome. I love how fast it can go, i find my self jumping on the freeway just so i can accelerate fast, i love love love the supercharged engine

I love my GS
By Nate H on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with this car the first moment I saw it. With 240 horses under the hood this would be granny mobile can run with most sports sedans/coupes. However how many of those same sports sedans offer heated leather seats, dual climate control, power sun roof, traction control, and the list goes on. On a recent cross country trip from NH to CA I averaged almost 27mpg!!!! I'd like to see a competetor boast those kind of numbers. Case in point, this is a great car.

I love this car
By KeathC on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about a year and a half and have nothing but good things to say! I recently read an article that ranked Buicks as one of the most reliable luxury cars! Go get one if you haven't already!!!

Supercharged Regal
By Todd Robinson on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Great car! No problems at all mechanically -- only normal maintenance. The GS Regal is a lot of fun to drive and surprisingly fast. Very good overall handling and able to handle tight manuvers at high speeds. Every bit as good as the Honda's and Toyota's I've driven but definitely the better overall package. I would highly recommend the Regal GS!