Used 1998 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

It rocks
By chris w

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Regal GS with 80,000 miles on it. It runs great and doesn't burn a drop of oil. All I've put on it is tires and tie rods and struts. I should be hitting 200,000 miles this month.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, great engine, very good fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Use better wiring harnesses

Fantastic car
By Bucksinnc

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I sold my Trans AM just in time for another Ohio winter and wanted something with good power, luxury options, and something that would get me through the snow safely. What better than a fully loaded supercharged V6 FWD vehicle? Fast forward just over five years and nearly 100,000 miles (putting it at around 160,000 miles total) I've found this car to be everything I could've hoped for and much more! Other than some minor electrical problems this car has been a dream mechanically. I dread my upcoming family vehicle purchase because this one really has spoiled me... but it's done so well we're keeping it as a daily driver to/from work, 200,000 miles here I come!

Favorite Features

Supercharged V6 in a Buick makes a great sleeper. Very well optioned.

Suggested Improvements

Some electrical problems are my only complaint, but nothing has kept this car off the road.

Good car, but expensive to fix
By Shadow

1998 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in 2007 and at the time of buying I did not know it had all the problems it does. I have to get the turn signal switch fixed ($700), brighter headlights ($100), sway bar (200) and an alighment ($70). And now I'm having another problem where sometimes it stalls out and yesterday it wouldn't start for me and when I did get it started I had to turn off the radio and the security light was on. Many problems but an overall good car.

Favorite Features

The power

Suggested Improvements

The headlight design and more durable parts that don't cost an arm and a leg to buy.

A fun car but just another GM
By KevfromVA

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Excellent power for a 6. The 3.8 super- charged combo is a great alternative to an 8. However, cheesy plastic interior components reveals GM's weak build quality of the late 90s. I bought mine w/78K miles on it and have since replaced a rear window motor and now the ac compressor is shot at 100K. A decent car to own, just get one that was serviced properly & pampered - mine wasn't.

Favorite Features

The motor & stereo rocks. The seats are relatively comfy.

Suggested Improvements

Buil better interiors - the new Malibu shows they finally are 10 years later.

A peach
By sassa418

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

This automobile has provided me with reliable and dependable service for nine years already and I will continue driving it until I am forced (for whatever reason) to trade it in! It is a handsome machine and very comfortable and easy to drive. It has also been a very economical car in that repairs have been few and far between and very minor.

Favorite Features

I find the automatic windows, mirrors and seat adjustments are very convenient for me due to my chronic shoulder problems. I also love the automatic speed control and find it to be reliable and easy to use. The ride itself is smooth and less tiring on longer trips.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change are the radio controls on the steering wheel. It is too easy to inadvertently change settings while simply driving.