Used 1998 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

fast sleeper
By BuickGS

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a comfortable inexpensive car for my long work commute. I stumbled upon this car and went for it. I'm glad I did!!! this thng is a rocket. I like to keep quiet on the power with friends and then 'get it on' on a on ramp or something and watch the expression on their face!! when they we NOT expected the car to explode to 80MPH in a few seconds !! yeah I'm believer in the Buick GS or any other Buick hot rod they'll probably be my preferred work communte car forever!! I hate slugs. I like the car so much I think I'm going to do a few engines mods to really wake it up.

duh! the supercharger and the fricking POWER baby. hey let's not forget the handeling and comfort.

my only complaint, it's so small I feel like a whiney baby bringing it up...the radio controls on the steering wheel are too easy to hit on accident. whaa whaa

Great
By cole

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I'm only 18, so I know I'm not the typical Buick driver. I had a 98 Toyota Camry, but it was too small and was starting to have problems, so I was looking for something both larger and American made. I found a great deal on this car, with only 53,000 miles on it. Its black, it looks great, I love all the room, it performs well, and it does awesome in the snow. I really like the car, and would pick it over the Camry any day, and because they're the same year, I feel like I could do a pretty good comparison. 3800 is a great engine, my next car will be a Buick.

Looks, room, steering wheel controls, keyless entry, 3800 engine, all things the Toyota didn't have

Bring it back... they are this spring, so NONE!!!!

Meets expectations
By wkb

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Regal LS with 17,000 miles on it - previously owned by an elderly couple that rarely drove it very far. Since then I have put 100,000 mostly hwy miles on it and had only two costly repairs: replace valve gaskets @104,000 and replace starter moter @111,000. I try to keep my cars forever and 'over maintain' them, but 10 years is about the limit for a 90s GM car, unfortunately. Little things start adding up: sealed headlights are starting to fog up as moisture gets into them, trunk seals are failing somewhere letting rain in, plastic exterior trim pieces are starting to show their age and lack of quality. Too bad - I think the engine will run forever.

What I like is the responsive wheel and great gas mileage (I can get 30mpg highway - this is not the turbo- charged model).

What I don't like is the plastic interior (the cup holder broke a long time ago), and the lack of lower back support in the seats.

Automotive comfort food....perfect !
By Jeff in Ohio

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I simply cannot say enough in favour of this great car. I had a Cutlass Ciera before this and the Regal way outclasses that as you might expect. I wanted a cruising-type ride as I have a long freeway commute every day, and something that would handle IT tech calls to businesses with comfort and classy style. Back then "Government Motors" could sure build 'em. 96K miles and routine maintenance only. This is a tank-- solid and safe and substantial in every way. Not sportscar handling, but that's what Pontiacs (were) for. This will float you down the interstate in a plush cocoon, and deliver you calm and relaxed. It's automotive comfort food, nearly perfect. Ps. Look for Canadian-built.

V-6 power ! A real road-trip cruiser. Soothing ride. Quiet cabin. Power everything. CD stereo sounds great. Comfy seats--for a "42 Short" the 6- way adjustment is welcome--you sit up higher than in most cars. The styling is refined, and doesn't attract tickets. Sometimes the "old man" knows best !

Do something about the annoying pop-up cupholders. Flimsy and always in the way, a sour note in an otherwise sweet and mellow car.

1998 Regal GS (l67) powered
By Kam

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I got my buick regal gs in february 09 with 27k miles on it, and so far i am very happy with it, no issues what so ever performance is great out of supercharged motor, interior is comfortable, buick`s theater seats makes you feel like you seat higher, radio controls are easy to access, ride is nice and quiet, automatic climate control may seem confusing to operate, no ac button,just gotta get used to it

240 hp supercharged motor!, stock radio grand touring suspension,moonroof