1998 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Loved this car!
By laeli_ on 05/28/13 19:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Got this car from a relative at 100,000 miles. It was by far my favorite car that I've owned. It was well maintained, and never gave me any problems at all. The driver window motor did eventually go out, but that was really the only problem I ever had. It felt like a luxury car, and the supercharger made it really fun to drive. I put 30,000 miles on it in a year, but it drove like brand new. It got pretty good mileage (I averaged about 23 MPG) It was a safe car too, someone rear-ended me on the freeway doing 50 and pushed me into the car ahead of me. Unfortunately, this totalled my car, but my passenger and I walked away without a scratch. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat.

1998 Regal GS
By vamadman on 03/18/13 16:32 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new in 1998 at a dealership in Phoenix and it is loaded. We liked the styling and comfort along with the sporty feeling it has. Over the years we have had to replace the alternator, plugs, wires, HVAC head, front rotors twice, blower motor and steering rack. These items are minor to me and do not sway how I feel about this classic cruiser. Love the supercharger and handling. It is in the body shop right now getting a new paint job as the water based paint from factory was peeling off on all of the horizontal surfaces. Can't wait to get our rocketship home again. It is worth putting the money into fixing as new car payments are outrageous. Great road car.

Toe to Toe with Toyota
By 2 Regal owner GS/LS on 01/10/10 11:23 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Original used Toyota as benchmark. Regal matched Toyota w/o paying the premium. Have owned GS and LS. (98&99) Love the supercharger but it has added to service costs. 2X CD failures in factory radio. Change oil every 3K and service transmission + filter change every 2 years and this car will get you down the road in comfort plus tight handling (GS). LS fast enough just have to stomp on gas to get the performance. Electric Windows are the biggest weakness. I just lost my GS to freakish but major engine fire. Something shorted at firewall after my daughter got home from church. Even with freakish engine fire will likely replace this with another Regal.

fast sleeper
By BuickGS on 12/29/09 11:42 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a comfortable inexpensive car for my long work commute. I stumbled upon this car and went for it. I'm glad I did!!! this thng is a rocket. I like to keep quiet on the power with friends and then 'get it on' on a on ramp or something and watch the expression on their face!! when they we NOT expected the car to explode to 80MPH in a few seconds !! yeah I'm believer in the Buick GS or any other Buick hot rod they'll probably be my preferred work communte car forever!! I hate slugs. I like the car so much I think I'm going to do a few engines mods to really wake it up.

1998 Regal GS (l67) powered
By Kam on 03/24/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I got my buick regal gs in february 09 with 27k miles on it, and so far i am very happy with it, no issues what so ever performance is great out of supercharged motor, interior is comfortable, buick`s theater seats makes you feel like you seat higher, radio controls are easy to access, ride is nice and quiet, automatic climate control may seem confusing to operate, no ac button,just gotta get used to it

It rocks
By chris w on 02/13/09 15:05 PM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Regal GS with 80,000 miles on it. It runs great and doesn't burn a drop of oil. All I've put on it is tires and tie rods and struts. I should be hitting 200,000 miles this month.

Fantastic car
By Bucksinnc on 02/12/09 06:29 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I sold my Trans AM just in time for another Ohio winter and wanted something with good power, luxury options, and something that would get me through the snow safely. What better than a fully loaded supercharged V6 FWD vehicle? Fast forward just over five years and nearly 100,000 miles (putting it at around 160,000 miles total) I've found this car to be everything I could've hoped for and much more! Other than some minor electrical problems this car has been a dream mechanically. I dread my upcoming family vehicle purchase because this one really has spoiled me... but it's done so well we're keeping it as a daily driver to/from work, 200,000 miles here I come!

A fun car but just another GM
By KevfromVA on 07/21/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Excellent power for a 6. The 3.8 super- charged combo is a great alternative to an 8. However, cheesy plastic interior components reveals GM's weak build quality of the late 90s. I bought mine w/78K miles on it and have since replaced a rear window motor and now the ac compressor is shot at 100K. A decent car to own, just get one that was serviced properly & pampered - mine wasn't.

A peach
By sassa418 on 11/12/07 01:11 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This automobile has provided me with reliable and dependable service for nine years already and I will continue driving it until I am forced (for whatever reason) to trade it in! It is a handsome machine and very comfortable and easy to drive. It has also been a very economical car in that repairs have been few and far between and very minor.

142,000 and still strong
By JBFALASKA on 09/01/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought my GS Supercharged at 39,000 miles. To date, I haven't even changed the spark plugs. Truly the American Lexus at a 1/3 less cost. I also own the 98 LS version. 200 HP is fine for anyone, but once you get used to the 240HP with 280 torque, you'll need to buy a V8 truck to find the equivalent zoom.