1998 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
19998 buick regal will last forever
By justintawney on 03/21/14 00:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I am 20 got this beast when I was 1 got it at 230,000 miles it now has 273.000 miles on it haven't changed the oil in about 20,000 miles.. getting bad but will soon and just took two trips 250miles away and made it perfectly!! seats are ripping up changed the speakers all banged up ive been off roading in it sort of. never got stuck only problem was the thermostat went out and the mass air flow sensor went out. other then that I should get well over 300,000 miles soon. and hopefully more to come!! ive gone through so much with this car im running this tank to the ground!!!! oh yeah I bought it for 500 bucks.

Loved this car!
By laeli_ on 05/28/13 19:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Got this car from a relative at 100,000 miles. It was by far my favorite car that I've owned. It was well maintained, and never gave me any problems at all. The driver window motor did eventually go out, but that was really the only problem I ever had. It felt like a luxury car, and the supercharger made it really fun to drive. I put 30,000 miles on it in a year, but it drove like brand new. It got pretty good mileage (I averaged about 23 MPG) It was a safe car too, someone rear-ended me on the freeway doing 50 and pushed me into the car ahead of me. Unfortunately, this totalled my car, but my passenger and I walked away without a scratch. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat.

1998 Regal GS
By vamadman on 03/18/13 16:32 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new in 1998 at a dealership in Phoenix and it is loaded. We liked the styling and comfort along with the sporty feeling it has. Over the years we have had to replace the alternator, plugs, wires, HVAC head, front rotors twice, blower motor and steering rack. These items are minor to me and do not sway how I feel about this classic cruiser. Love the supercharger and handling. It is in the body shop right now getting a new paint job as the water based paint from factory was peeling off on all of the horizontal surfaces. Can't wait to get our rocketship home again. It is worth putting the money into fixing as new car payments are outrageous. Great road car.

'98 Regal- Great!
By Cole on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I'm 18, so you don't see many people my age driving this car. However, I needed something with more legroom than my Camry that I had. I've owned it for 8 months,and other than the window regulator needing replaced, no problems. Just took it on a 600 mile trip and the car does not have a single rattle or shake anywhere, cruise control and comfort of the seats on that long trip were amazing. This car still drives like a new one, and Buick has made a lifelong customer out of me, don't miss the Toyota at all, this car is just better in all aspects. MPG is not bad for a car of this size, about 28 on the highway.

Toe to Toe with Toyota
By 2 Regal owner GS/LS on 01/10/10 11:23 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Original used Toyota as benchmark. Regal matched Toyota w/o paying the premium. Have owned GS and LS. (98&99) Love the supercharger but it has added to service costs. 2X CD failures in factory radio. Change oil every 3K and service transmission + filter change every 2 years and this car will get you down the road in comfort plus tight handling (GS). LS fast enough just have to stomp on gas to get the performance. Electric Windows are the biggest weakness. I just lost my GS to freakish but major engine fire. Something shorted at firewall after my daughter got home from church. Even with freakish engine fire will likely replace this with another Regal.

fast sleeper
By BuickGS on 12/29/09 11:42 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a comfortable inexpensive car for my long work commute. I stumbled upon this car and went for it. I'm glad I did!!! this thng is a rocket. I like to keep quiet on the power with friends and then 'get it on' on a on ramp or something and watch the expression on their face!! when they we NOT expected the car to explode to 80MPH in a few seconds !! yeah I'm believer in the Buick GS or any other Buick hot rod they'll probably be my preferred work communte car forever!! I hate slugs. I like the car so much I think I'm going to do a few engines mods to really wake it up.

Great
By cole on 12/08/09 21:12 PM (PST)

1998 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I'm only 18, so I know I'm not the typical Buick driver. I had a 98 Toyota Camry, but it was too small and was starting to have problems, so I was looking for something both larger and American made. I found a great deal on this car, with only 53,000 miles on it. Its black, it looks great, I love all the room, it performs well, and it does awesome in the snow. I really like the car, and would pick it over the Camry any day, and because they're the same year, I feel like I could do a pretty good comparison. 3800 is a great engine, my next car will be a Buick.

Meets expectations
By wkb on 09/29/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Regal LS with 17,000 miles on it - previously owned by an elderly couple that rarely drove it very far. Since then I have put 100,000 mostly hwy miles on it and had only two costly repairs: replace valve gaskets @104,000 and replace starter moter @111,000. I try to keep my cars forever and 'over maintain' them, but 10 years is about the limit for a 90s GM car, unfortunately. Little things start adding up: sealed headlights are starting to fog up as moisture gets into them, trunk seals are failing somewhere letting rain in, plastic exterior trim pieces are starting to show their age and lack of quality. Too bad - I think the engine will run forever.

Automotive comfort food....perfect !
By Jeff in Ohio on 07/12/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I simply cannot say enough in favour of this great car. I had a Cutlass Ciera before this and the Regal way outclasses that as you might expect. I wanted a cruising-type ride as I have a long freeway commute every day, and something that would handle IT tech calls to businesses with comfort and classy style. Back then "Government Motors" could sure build 'em. 96K miles and routine maintenance only. This is a tank-- solid and safe and substantial in every way. Not sportscar handling, but that's what Pontiacs (were) for. This will float you down the interstate in a plush cocoon, and deliver you calm and relaxed. It's automotive comfort food, nearly perfect. Ps. Look for Canadian-built.

1998 Regal GS (l67) powered
By Kam on 03/24/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I got my buick regal gs in february 09 with 27k miles on it, and so far i am very happy with it, no issues what so ever performance is great out of supercharged motor, interior is comfortable, buick`s theater seats makes you feel like you seat higher, radio controls are easy to access, ride is nice and quiet, automatic climate control may seem confusing to operate, no ac button,just gotta get used to it

1 2 3 4 5 next »