Let me tell you a little secret...
By Eric on
1997 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan
After exhausting research for a third round vehicle (~100K, well maintained, clean), I decided to go with the Buick GS. For $4300, I stole this car. (Which, by the way was the private party value). Fully loaded and fast as heck, I couldn't be happier. Read these reviews, they are true. For a 1997 that has the same styling as a 2004, I have what others think is a newer car, 36mpg at 55mph, 240HP on tap, incredibly comfortable seating, and a record of superior reliability and safety. I turned down Camrys, Accords, Volvos, and countless others. I pay $298/year for 250/500 insurance in NY (no collision), and found this to be the most cost effective, fun to drive foreign or domestic vehicle
Favorite Features
Power, economy, comfort, standard options, soft quiet ride, safety, reliability of the 3800 II supercharged engine, and the tight, aggressive (perf shift on) or silky smooth (perf shift off) transmission. People think its a grandpa car (Buick stigma). This helped me to afford it!! new = $28,000
Suggested Improvements
Cupholder is designed by James Bond wannabe and is as functional as a swing for an elephant. Radio is mediocre in this year. Monsoon available in 1999, and is not interchangeable. Sunroof can't be opened unless ignition is on. My wife thinks it's a grandpa car and doesn't want to be seen in it.