1997 Buick Regal Consumer Review: Started Off Bad, Ended Up Grea

1997 Buick Regal - Consumer Review

GS Sedan (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

Started Off Bad, Ended Up Great!
By Kevin Hoffman on

1997 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Regal GS used with 58,000 miles. I chose the GS over the LS because of it's sharper handling. Less than a month after my purchase, the supercharger went bad and the car wouldn't start! But it was repaired in less than a week. Shortly after, the front passenger footwell began filling with water after a hard rain. It took the dealership two weeks to remedy that problem. But from then on I had no problems. The car's accelleration is great and ride comfort is excellent. Fuel ecomony with the supercharger isn't great, but could be worse. The stereo system has great sound. Leather seats held up very well. Despite my problems, I would still reccomend the Regal,

Great accelleration and ride comfort. Good legroom front and back. Large trunk. Fairly sporty looks. Very quiet engine, even with the supercharger whine! Good instrumentation. Large digital clock.

Fuel economy could be better. Averaged 19 mpg at start but by adjusting my driving habits I was soon up to 21 mpg. Interior materials (cupholders and armrest storage lid are very flimsy.