1997 Buick Regal Consumer Review: Overall Best GM Before 2000

1997 Buick Regal - Consumer Review

Overall Best GM Before 2000
By BuickEnthst on

1997 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle after owning an 85 Buick. This car provides me with generous torque and really moves around town when the super kicks in. I was expecting a little bit softer ride from a Buick, but the comfortable seats compensate well. This car is no light kitty in the corners but the wide tires stick incredibly well on on/off ramps and in long sweepers. I'm gradually developing small quibbles over the traditional American build quality, but nothing that taints my overall happiness with this vehicle. Mileage could be better, but the supercharged power is worth the sacrifice. These cars are hard to find used with low miles, but if you can find one jump on it immediately!

Tire-smoking power with trac control off, seats made in heaven for gods and titans, subtle styling, visibility, head room... and did I mention the comfortable seats?

As with every American car I've been acquainted with, it suffers from chintzy build quality. I wish it had the more conservative axle ratio from the fuel friendly Lesabre or Park Avenue.