1997 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Overall Best GM Before 2000
By BuickEnthst on 01/05/05 00:11 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle after owning an 85 Buick. This car provides me with generous torque and really moves around town when the super kicks in. I was expecting a little bit softer ride from a Buick, but the comfortable seats compensate well. This car is no light kitty in the corners but the wide tires stick incredibly well on on/off ramps and in long sweepers. I'm gradually developing small quibbles over the traditional American build quality, but nothing that taints my overall happiness with this vehicle. Mileage could be better, but the supercharged power is worth the sacrifice. These cars are hard to find used with low miles, but if you can find one jump on it immediately!

I love this car!!!!!!
By Tony,WI on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

What a sleeper and a great find. We bought this car new and it now has 120,000 miles on it. The only repair was a waterpump at 95K. Buick is making a big mistake by taking this car off the market. They should have done a better job marketing the GS. It's a power house. I wish I could buy another new one. If you like performance and comfort. This is the car.

Lots of Power.Lack of Build Quality. Ok!
By casper90651 on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

The most appreciable feature of this Buick is it's Supercharged motor. Though, it would've benefited greatly with a more modern engine design, Buick stuck with the pushrod design, which naturally has a great low-end torque even without the supercharger, but every bit helps. It's classic Buick with more umph in it. Interior styling is bland as well as exterior. The build quality is low cheap interior parts. Other than that, it rode fine and it charged on!

Buick Regal
By mreynolds on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have been very happy with car

5 point what? Oh?
By Garrett M. Benson on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This is a powerful little car! My wife and I have this and a 98 Park Avenue. The Park lacks the Supercharger, and I do mean lacks. This minute powerhouse can spank 4.6 liter mustangs, and put other pony cars to shame! The only thig we have owned that was faster with comfort was a 96 Eldorado ETC, ($48K new sticker!) and I had a 98 Z28 Camaro! (As fast, but back pain-inducer) Pass it on that an oversized pulley on your SC, and a K&N filter ups the HP to almost 300!For the money, this car is a real screamer!

Ok, with speed
By Nick D on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Purchased used w/56K in 9/01. Transmission went out, as did power window motors (both w/in 4K miles) but all covered by extended warranty. Have had recurrent brake-rotor noise that apparently cannot be remedied. But, not one other problem in nearly two years. Would highly recommended purchasing extended warranty for any Regal.

Ok, with speed
By nick D on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Not your dad's Buick
By forestgump14 on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This has been a very reliable vehicle and is for those not familiar with the GS version will be shocked by the get up and go of the super-charged engine. The only thing I have replaced in this car besides tires and brakes, is the water pump. I am not sure that there is a better combination of performance, comfort, price and bells and whistles in its class

Dangerous
By George Connor on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

In the last 3 months our steering went out on my family twice putting us in a very dangerous position. Did GMC stand behing there product-"no" my vin identification is not within the range of the federal recall. Please do not buy a GMC product if you value your safety. I have my car waiting for its second repair, but i refuse to put my family behind the wheel(or lack of) again. I have a useless Car.

Rega; GS
By fall2696 on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

The Regal GS is powerful, fun to drive, and a much better value than other sports sedans.