1996 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
First car and boy do I miss it
By dperry25 on 04/03/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

My father bought this car back in 2005 with around 90,000 miles or so. We had to have the transmission rebuilt by AAMCO because some little piece inside of it broke and it had trouble starting and going into reverse. the AAMCO tech said the problem is so rare he guarantees it won't happen again. And it did not! not only that, but we never had any more issues out of the car. It was turned over to me in 2011 with 122k. At 130k, I lost control of the car while making a turn and slid into a curb at 55 mph. The car's frame had twisted and the car was totaled. I shed a few tears when I heard this. What a great car. Was looking for another...but hard to find, everyone who has one loves it!

Interior light & door locks
By Lou C on 03/28/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 61,000 on it.Now 116,000. Drives great, good mileage, Body good. Skylight does not work and the door locks clicks off and on. The interior lights will not go off. Mechanic tells me parts to repair are no longer available. If any one knows how to get parts would be most helpful.

96 Regal GS
By SoBig on 05/25/05 23:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 96 Regal GS for 3 years now and it's been a joy to own and drive. The only major fix was replacing the fuel pump a few years ago but, other than that, have just performed regular maint. It's got good power and performance with great gas mileage for the vehicle type. Even with it being 9 years old, it's still in excellent condition and looks better than the newer Buicks on the road.

Solid, strong car
By SleeStaK911 on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

Bought this as a program car with 19k on it. Lots of power, nice anemities and handling. Huge, comfy back seat. Bad lumbar support, though. Only replaced water pump and alternator during life of car! Hate to sell it, but the floormats are all wore out!...