Used 1996 Buick Regal Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

1996 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

p.o.s
By jmac420

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

i got a 96 regal 4 door and i paid 2400 for it and its been nothing but a nightmare first had to put struts on it in the back then a belt then both front wheel berings and now my tranny

Favorite Features

my custom system in trunk

Suggested Improvements

more power less breaking down

Loved My Regal, Great Car!
By Tizzy

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 5 years and it has been very good to me. I was a college student when I first purchased it, so I did a lot of commuting home and back to school. 168,000 mi and still going strong! Smooth ride, good gas mileage, very few issues, never left me stranded!I was never the best about routine maintenance, that being said, I've still never had any major issues and my car has always started up every single day. Would recommend to anyone looking for reliability and durability. Excellent 1st, 2nd or 3rd car.

Favorite Features

Dummy lights, Ice cold A/C, Automatic door lock/unlock upon gear shift, Turn signal reminder/bell

Suggested Improvements

Improve coolant system

buick
By kenny

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I've this car just 2 weeks and cant believe the gas mileage went 480 miles on a full tank of gas wow my care is awesome so far great in town driving too.

Favorite Features

cruise and radio control

Exceptional in every way............
By Dean

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from private elder couple who never smoked. Interior well laid out, engine 3.1 v-6 has plenty of power, and in comparison with foreign makes gets a reliable 29 mpg on the road with 25 in town. Full size seating for 6 with great fuel economy,(I would put it up against Toyota or Nissan any day) Handles great, very reliable with minimum maint. and above all very good fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy and interior roominess.

Suggested Improvements

Little more usage of interior "goodies" to spice up interior "warmness".l

Not a car to recommend
By car nut

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I made a huge mistake in this purchase. I used to work for Buick and felt some loyalty. However, this is a disaster car. Brakes needed replacement within the first 100 miles. And after replacement, the brakes are so soft to operate, versus other cars, I am constantly worrying that the car won't stop. Rear end sounds loose and engine light won't go off (the dealer said they corrected it but did not). The interior is worse in class by a wide margin. Seats are terrible, and there is no cup holders. The heater/A/C controls were designed by a total idiot, and very hard to operate. The radio confounds everyone who trys to use it. The door storage is a waste for all the good they do.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

The exterior design leaves you cold and the interior is a complete disaster from a functional standpoint and styling. Buick engineers blew it on this baby. You must have cup holders in modern cars. You must be able to operate the controls.