1996 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
p.o.s
By jmac420 on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

i got a 96 regal 4 door and i paid 2400 for it and its been nothing but a nightmare first had to put struts on it in the back then a belt then both front wheel berings and now my tranny

Loved My Regal, Great Car!
By Tizzy on 06/27/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 5 years and it has been very good to me. I was a college student when I first purchased it, so I did a lot of commuting home and back to school. 168,000 mi and still going strong! Smooth ride, good gas mileage, very few issues, never left me stranded!I was never the best about routine maintenance, that being said, I've still never had any major issues and my car has always started up every single day. Would recommend to anyone looking for reliability and durability. Excellent 1st, 2nd or 3rd car.

buick
By kenny on 03/30/10 15:47 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I've this car just 2 weeks and cant believe the gas mileage went 480 miles on a full tank of gas wow my care is awesome so far great in town driving too.

Exceptional in every way............
By Dean on 11/23/09 13:51 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from private elder couple who never smoked. Interior well laid out, engine 3.1 v-6 has plenty of power, and in comparison with foreign makes gets a reliable 29 mpg on the road with 25 in town. Full size seating for 6 with great fuel economy,(I would put it up against Toyota or Nissan any day) Handles great, very reliable with minimum maint. and above all very good fuel economy.

Not a car to recommend
By car nut on 06/12/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I made a huge mistake in this purchase. I used to work for Buick and felt some loyalty. However, this is a disaster car. Brakes needed replacement within the first 100 miles. And after replacement, the brakes are so soft to operate, versus other cars, I am constantly worrying that the car won't stop. Rear end sounds loose and engine light won't go off (the dealer said they corrected it but did not). The interior is worse in class by a wide margin. Seats are terrible, and there is no cup holders. The heater/A/C controls were designed by a total idiot, and very hard to operate. The radio confounds everyone who trys to use it. The door storage is a waste for all the good they do.

Great car, reliable
By Jigs Jorgensen on 09/29/08 08:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Going on 116,000 miles! Powerful engine, smooth riding just like a Cadillac. Shines like new still! Seat are not that comfortable, coils are shot, feels like I am sitting in a hole! Great sound system. Showing very minor lower body rust.

Excellent car
By Regalman on 05/19/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Getting 29 on the highway. Will get even better than that when I put ZMax in it. Excellent quality and reliability. Quiet smooth ride. Very comfortable. Classic American Luxury for the right price.

A find
By good car on 03/29/08 06:25 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Over all the car is good. Transmission was bad but replaced transmission and added a cooler to extend the life of the transmission. The replacement of the front struts was so easy it took only 1/2 hour per side to replace. The rear exhaust manafold was cracked replaced that when the transmission was installed. Car runs like new gets over 25 mpg. Used Bosch 4 electrode spark plugs. The 3.1 liter is a strong engine. The car is kind of light. The ABS system is needed because the car is so light.

Best Ever!
By Best Ever on 05/05/07 03:55 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 46,000mi and have 120,000. Has been unbelievably reliable. Outside of new tires and routine brake work, only replaced the belt, a radiator and an alternator. Always starts up like a dream. Most comfortable seats. Great engine. Bought an '01 Regal based on experience with this one, but it doesn't even come close in driveablilty or reliability.

Awesome car
By none on 01/09/07 14:24 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought a 1996 Buick Regal for $3000 with only 62,500 miles on it. It is the smoothest car out of our 2 other cars. The engine is a tiny bit loud, but that is because of the age. The sound of the radio of 100x better than our other Buick. Sound quality is superb! I feel very comfortable in this car going 80mph. Although this car is 10 years old, the quality is still superb.