Used 1995 Buick Regal Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

1995 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Most Helpful|
My First Love
By reginarider86

1995 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I got her in the summer of 05 with 130K+ and she ran like a beauty. Out lasted a lot of my friends much younger cars. Had a lot of brake pad changes and rear left caliper siezed up on me but it was a good first car. When she died she had over 200K on her. I got my monies worth.

Favorite Features

3.8 V6 engine

Suggested Improvements

Give the new generation Regal a V6 engine

Great little car
By Zilca

1995 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this cute little car 7 years ago, used, with 80k miles on it. I now have 140k, and it's still going strong. I get about 27mpg highway. It has plenty of pickup, and is very comfortable. I do reg.maintenance/oil changes. I have had to replace the water pump and wheel struts, and put all new brakes on last year. I keep thinking I should buy a newer car, but this one is so reliable and economical!

Favorite Features

Love the leather bucket seats and sporty look. Very comfortable for long rides. Nice big trunk space. Also love the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

One thing is inconvenient...battery is located beneath the windshield washer reservoir, so if you need a charge or to change battery it's a little awkward.

Great car!
By bm1979

1995 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

It had high miles on it when i bought it and I have put many more on it. It now has 180,000 with very little repairs to keep it going. With 3 and a half years and 70,000 miles all I have done to it is two wheel bearings and two injectors and some brake work. Now I'm pretty hard on a car becouse I do mainly city driving, so I think thatss pretty darn good. $1500/70000 miles later it still a very dependable car. How many cars can you say that about? I have worked in automotive service for ten years now and I have to say it's one of the better cars out there.

Favorite Features

3.8L engine. One of the strongest engines out there. Very dependable!

Suggested Improvements

GM 4 wheel disc brakes are junk. Too much maintenence.

Reliable adult basic transportation
By Pat

1995 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 68K and now have 93K miles. This is a great inexpensive family car that gets great gas mileage for its size. I've come to repect Buick as a valued brand name as I age. If you are looking for an inexpensive used car... I recommend a car like this... the only problem is that your kids will not want to drive or inherit it. I have replaced the spark plug wires, the front/rear shocks, and the signal flasher unit. confortable vehicle for long highway trips. 3.1L engine reliable although starting to consume a small amount of oil.

Favorite Features

The Regal includes a lot of standard features (elec seat, cruise, remote door opener, etc.) Smooth ride and good gas mileage, 27-29 highway

Suggested Improvements

Battery is hidden under windshield washer fluid reservoir. Paint on steering wheel wears off with ordinary use. Improve cup holder design and make glove compartment larger.

Reliable.
By Tom

1995 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Just like my 1991, I inherited a 1995 Custom from my grandparents. Pretty must as reliable as my '91 with the exception of the A/C needing to be replaced once. Other than that no problems whatsoever since new. The car unfortunately met an premature death at 142K miles. It's all about the 3800, best engine ever produced.