1994 Buick Regal Gran Sport Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

1994 Regal Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Sort Reviews by

I Love This Car
By pvc

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I bought this little gem last year with 120,000 miles original miles on it. It runs great, it looks great, I get a lot of comments from people about the car, overall I'm very pleased with this vehicle. It is often below zero in winter where I live and it fired up every single morning no problem, I didn't even have to "plug it in". It's better than quite a few brand new cars I have owned over the years. I'm sorry that I didn't have this car when it was brand new!

Favorite Features

The motor, and the overall design of the car. It seats four people quite comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

The door handles are unfortunate. I've had to replace them twice now, and truly it's the only bad thing about this vehicle.

Love those Buicks
By dave

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

My wife and I purchased our Regal GS from a private owner, It was his loss. Aside from the usual maintenance this automobile is quite possibly the best car we have ever owned or driven. We are getting upwards of 27 miles a gallon on a motor that has 197000 miles on it and it will still smoke the tires if you so choose. In the dead of the winter(20 below up here) it has always started and performed without fail. All this from a 14 year old car! Too cool.

Favorite Features

Tunes. Need I say more? The stock stereo system in this car will blow your wig back! Full analog instrumentation is very nice. The acceleration is quite smooth and will lay you back in your seat. My daughter says, "Give it the gas, Dad!" and then squeals with delight as we motor on down the road.

Suggested Improvements

It's too bad about the outside door handle design. I have replaced them both twice. Use steel instead of the cast white metal.

Buick excellence
By josha

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

My car has over 294000 miles and runs like new. It needs some interior work on the seats(leather) and some shocks but this car is too nice to sell. In ten years the GS will be worth something toa Buick enthusiast.

Favorite Features

The 3.8 liter v-6 and the fact it's a 2 door coupe.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller door windows, but hey it's 2007 not 1994.

I'm keeping it
By lit'l white thang

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Custom 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Regal in 1996 and it now has over 130,000 miles. I have been in the market for a new car, each time I went to a dealership and they learned what I was driving, they say "that's a good little car", after hearing that the 3rd time i quit looking at new ones. Today a colleague spoke of selling her '97 Grand Cherokee so I went to Edmunds to check it out. She has offered me a pretty good deal but after reading the ratings on my Regal compared to the Cherokee I will decline her offer. I have had problems with the door handles and have had it painted after the paint flew off the hood and roof but that was just a year ago. This car has been very dependable and enjoyable.

Favorite Features

Unfortunately mine doesn't have a lot of extra features but one reason I keep it is because I like 2-door vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

The door handles, I am on my third set.

Oldie but Goodie
By Fred Burgoon

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

This vehicle with minimum part replacement, has been with our family for over 10 years and gone through 4 teenagers. Power, comfort, and reliablity has been the staple from this vehicle. Hated to pass it off when kids went to college. Sbsolutely replaced it with another GM. Great bargin for the money.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort and was always ready to go.

Suggested Improvements

The onlt complaint is the slight glare of the dashboard off the windshield.

Excellent used car
By 1964ron

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Custom 2dr Coupe

I purchased this 94 regal several weeks ago, even though this car is used I am surprised how well in shape this car is considering it has over 93,000 miles on it. The ride and engine are velvet smooth, the interior is holding up well. The 3800 engine is rock solid in terms of durability and gets really good fuel economy. this car is more comfortable than my 2005 suzuki. The only things I need to work on are the brakes and get new tires for it. So far this will be a good investment, and my younger co workers like the cool early ninetys look of the car and the ancient technology it has. I hope to drive it till it drops dead or I do.

Favorite Features

Cushy velvet ride, smooth engine performance and shifting. Nice leather seats. A lot cheaper than buying new.

Buick tradition
By Fendo

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

Buick has been buiding great American cars since 1903. The 1994 GS is another one in a long line of comfortable and sporty coupes. The engine is responsive and gets surprising mileage. Even with passengers and the A/C running we avg. 26.5 on the open road. Of course we Buick buyers like our power options(seats, locks, windows, mirrors, antenna) and comfy leather seats. Car is ultra reliable!

Favorite Features

Responsive engine, smooth transmission. Driver/passenger temp. controls. Concert sound II system.

Suggested Improvements

At 6'3" I could use more head room even with the power seat lowered. Also since I like to sit up straight in the seat the recessed gauge cluster is sometimes hard to see.

1994 Regal Custom Coupe
By Mark Giordano

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Custom 2dr Coupe

I have had this car since Thanksgiving 1999, I bought it from a local dealer. I love this car, it has the 3.8 l V6, it has a nice sound to it. It's pretty quick too. This car has such a smooth ride, even with 119,000 miles on it. No engine problemes...EVER!!! The only thing I've had to replace/repair is the battery, rotors and calipers and the shocks and struts. The shocks and struts were put in at 80,000 miles by the dealer at no cost to me. I love this car and would recomend it to someone who loves comfort, performance, and American luxury.

Favorite Features

The 170 hp 3.8 v6 under the hood! The Handling, The performance off the line, The Seats! Whenever I go on road trips with friends we take this car, even though its a 2 door it has PLENTY of room for 5 adults. Nothing but compliments on the ride, and comfort of the seats.

Suggested Improvements

Choices of Factory wheels.

electrical problems from Buick
By tucsonslim

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I have lost the alternator 3 times in two years and know that it will without a doubt go againwithin the year. Otherwise I love the car.

Favorite Features

Ease to drive and economy of operation except for electrical repairs.

Suggested Improvements

Better electrical system.

sweet 3800 engine
By granter

1994 Buick Regal Coupe Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

best car I ever owned. good gas milage. plentyof power. smooth . easy todrive and feel safe and comfortable

Favorite Features

leather seats very comfortable. abs system is great. good driving view

Suggested Improvements

can't think of anything I'd change