Used 1993 Buick Regal Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

It's a Beast
By BrandNew

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought from the dealer, Carfax reported only one owner - A little old lady. !993 with no rust new tires and 72,000 miles. The suspension is amazingly smooth. I personally like the way it floats. The new cars don't even come close to the comfort of the Regal. At first the dash was weird, but controls have a nice lay-out. Performance with the 3.8 liter V6 is excellent. It will leave black marks down the road. Interstate driving is a breeze and power is there when you need it. The transmission is just as smooth as the right. Overall its a boat, but still a blast to drive.

Performance, It has power. And the ride, the suspension is like driving on a soft cloud.

More heater/cooling options without turning the A/C compressor on. There are only 2 buttons, Vent and Htr, that won't activate the A/C compressor if its over 50 degrees out

16 years and still chugging along....
By aczel

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I received this vehicle as a gift in May of 2004 from my Grandpa (he was the original owner). In over 5 years of ownership I've had to replace certain things, such as: alternator, brakes (pads and calipers), RF window motor, and a few other minor things. Overall, the car has been great. It has 196*** kms, which I'm hoping to make it to 200,000 without any issues. This was/is an absolutely great car, and I will hate to see it go, but it's getting close to the time to move on. Anyone thinking about buying a Buick...don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed!

The seats are very comfortable, there is plenty of cabin/trunk space, all controls are easily within reach, and the 3.1L V6 has been amazing! Also, I think this is one of the last models to offer 6 person seating in this type of vehicle - which can be nice when needed.

The gauges were designed a little small for this generation (took some time getting used to). There was only one good cup holder (which I broke). Otherwise, everything else is great for a 1993!

Excellent quality and reliability
By AAA

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I didn't actually buy this myself, it was a hand me down from my Grandfather, but he was the original owner. The car has about 191,000 km (118,700 miles) on it, and has had a very good life. It is still in pretty good running condition today, with minor problems here and there. No major repairs were needed, and the car has been very reliable throughout the entire time my family has owned it. It has been an extremely pleasing vehicle, and I would definitely recommend Buick to potential car purchasers!

Very comfortable interior (they don't make 'em like they used to!). The drive is quite smooth, there is plenty of room (even has a 6th seatbelt in the front), the engine gives a good performance, and there is plenty of trunk space.

As mentioned in other reviews, the oil filter is in a hard to reach location, otherwise, no major complaints.

Buick Regals are the best cars ever.
By Lukemc86

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car was my mostest favorite of all of my cars. I had a car before that died after a mere two weeks of my punishing use. The Buick has performed well up to speeds of 110 mph (thats all the further the speedometer goes). There's plenty of room for all kinds of people, I had comfortably fit six people in my Regal with plenty of room.

Everything

Make them with even bigger engines

Good Family Car
By hkerwien

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Virtually maintenance free. Brakes were the biggest issue to maintain. Not a sports car but otherwise a good ride, good fuel economy (27 mpg), good handling in all weather, lots of room and not very expensive in the first place.