1993 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
287k miles and still running perfect
By iamnatman on 03/04/12 17:04 PM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

My regal is currently at 287k miles, and closing in on 300k fast. This is hands down the most reliable car our family has owned. Repairs over the last 14 years: Alternator x2 Fuel pump Rear struts Brake pads/front rotors Transmission cooler lines x2 Rear motor mount Turn signal switch And that's basically it, minus routine oil changes and minor tune ups. All repairs well under $250 and most done by me to save. The engine is perfect for this car. It's very quiet when you want it, and makes a pretty awesome growl when you drop the pedal. I've been 90 mph down the interstate and held a perfect straight line with plenty of power still on tap

It's a Beast
By BrandNew on 01/21/10 21:47 PM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought from the dealer, Carfax reported only one owner - A little old lady. !993 with no rust new tires and 72,000 miles. The suspension is amazingly smooth. I personally like the way it floats. The new cars don't even come close to the comfort of the Regal. At first the dash was weird, but controls have a nice lay-out. Performance with the 3.8 liter V6 is excellent. It will leave black marks down the road. Interstate driving is a breeze and power is there when you need it. The transmission is just as smooth as the right. Overall its a boat, but still a blast to drive.

16 years and still chugging along....
By aczel on 06/18/09 22:46 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I received this vehicle as a gift in May of 2004 from my Grandpa (he was the original owner). In over 5 years of ownership I've had to replace certain things, such as: alternator, brakes (pads and calipers), RF window motor, and a few other minor things. Overall, the car has been great. It has 196*** kms, which I'm hoping to make it to 200,000 without any issues. This was/is an absolutely great car, and I will hate to see it go, but it's getting close to the time to move on. Anyone thinking about buying a Buick...don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed!

I owns one
By girly t on 06/14/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

hello i have an 4dr with an sunroof i had mine since 03/2004 itz an very nice dependable car an fast i hav gotten several speedin tickets, i had a lil major work done thru out the years, bt never the engine or transmission gave me any problems yet!!!!!! im still holdin on strong, my car dealer is suprise i still hav it lol, dey wants me to get another kind from them lol,

Regal Gran Sport
By Mr. Buick on 04/23/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

The 93 Regal is a good reliable vehicle, though these days the gas mileage is a problem. Spending an hour to 2 on the highway used a half a tank of gas. Its very comfortable with plenty of space for people and cargo. Headlights are too dim (though that may be due to age). No major complaints, and this car will run forever. Though my windows have gone off- track multiple times even after getting them replaced; they don't seem to be quality windows. I would advise people to find a newer car these days as the 93 Regal is 16 years old now.

Excellent quality and reliability
By AAA on 02/13/09 03:19 AM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I didn't actually buy this myself, it was a hand me down from my Grandfather, but he was the original owner. The car has about 191,000 km (118,700 miles) on it, and has had a very good life. It is still in pretty good running condition today, with minor problems here and there. No major repairs were needed, and the car has been very reliable throughout the entire time my family has owned it. It has been an extremely pleasing vehicle, and I would definitely recommend Buick to potential car purchasers!

208,000 Miles and still running strong.
By Fred Hanter on 07/25/06 11:45 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

I am the first and only owner of this car. I bought it back in late '93 and the only problem with it was that around 60,000 miles 4 spark plugs were shot by no means anything serious. I have taken very good care of it and there is only one rust spot about the size of a quarter.

our regal
By ecmr plumber on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

The interior is nearly flawless, unusual for a car of this age and milage. this car runs superbly and will roast the front tires if it is required to. This car gets 21-23 mpg in town and 29-33.8 on the highway at 75 mph. this gets better milage and has tons more power and has a much larger and more comfortable interior than the geo prism we had before it. my wife and I both think that this is the best car either of us has owned This car is in good with a beautifull paint job in amazing shape for its age. I would reccomend one of these to anyone looking for a older car, make sure that you get a 3800 v6.

Buick Regals are the best cars ever.
By Lukemc86 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car was my mostest favorite of all of my cars. I had a car before that died after a mere two weeks of my punishing use. The Buick has performed well up to speeds of 110 mph (thats all the further the speedometer goes). There's plenty of room for all kinds of people, I had comfortably fit six people in my Regal with plenty of room.

Excellent Performance Sedan
By golden_boy on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

The 3.8L V6 this cars has offers great performance on the highway, though could use some better acceleration from a dead stop. Car is 10 years old, and there isn't one spot of rust on it, engine and tranny still run like new.