1993 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
287k miles and still running perfect
By iamnatman on 03/04/12 17:04 PM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

My regal is currently at 287k miles, and closing in on 300k fast. This is hands down the most reliable car our family has owned. Repairs over the last 14 years: Alternator x2 Fuel pump Rear struts Brake pads/front rotors Transmission cooler lines x2 Rear motor mount Turn signal switch And that's basically it, minus routine oil changes and minor tune ups. All repairs well under $250 and most done by me to save. The engine is perfect for this car. It's very quiet when you want it, and makes a pretty awesome growl when you drop the pedal. I've been 90 mph down the interstate and held a perfect straight line with plenty of power still on tap

It's a Beast
By BrandNew on 01/21/10 21:47 PM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought from the dealer, Carfax reported only one owner - A little old lady. !993 with no rust new tires and 72,000 miles. The suspension is amazingly smooth. I personally like the way it floats. The new cars don't even come close to the comfort of the Regal. At first the dash was weird, but controls have a nice lay-out. Performance with the 3.8 liter V6 is excellent. It will leave black marks down the road. Interstate driving is a breeze and power is there when you need it. The transmission is just as smooth as the right. Overall its a boat, but still a blast to drive.

great everyday cruiser
By Imani on 10/31/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

Just a super nice car, very solid, excellent build quailty,I really enjoy driving it to work, gym around town, basically everywhere. Would hesitate to take it out of town. Just a nice all around car. My only complaint is more power,the car would be a perfect 10 with 50 more horses under the hood. would by another one in a heart beat!

16 years and still chugging along....
By aczel on 06/18/09 22:46 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I received this vehicle as a gift in May of 2004 from my Grandpa (he was the original owner). In over 5 years of ownership I've had to replace certain things, such as: alternator, brakes (pads and calipers), RF window motor, and a few other minor things. Overall, the car has been great. It has 196*** kms, which I'm hoping to make it to 200,000 without any issues. This was/is an absolutely great car, and I will hate to see it go, but it's getting close to the time to move on. Anyone thinking about buying a Buick...don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed!

I owns one
By girly t on 06/14/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

hello i have an 4dr with an sunroof i had mine since 03/2004 itz an very nice dependable car an fast i hav gotten several speedin tickets, i had a lil major work done thru out the years, bt never the engine or transmission gave me any problems yet!!!!!! im still holdin on strong, my car dealer is suprise i still hav it lol, dey wants me to get another kind from them lol,

Regal Gran Sport
By Mr. Buick on 04/23/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

The 93 Regal is a good reliable vehicle, though these days the gas mileage is a problem. Spending an hour to 2 on the highway used a half a tank of gas. Its very comfortable with plenty of space for people and cargo. Headlights are too dim (though that may be due to age). No major complaints, and this car will run forever. Though my windows have gone off- track multiple times even after getting them replaced; they don't seem to be quality windows. I would advise people to find a newer car these days as the 93 Regal is 16 years old now.

Excellent quality and reliability
By AAA on 02/13/09 03:19 AM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I didn't actually buy this myself, it was a hand me down from my Grandfather, but he was the original owner. The car has about 191,000 km (118,700 miles) on it, and has had a very good life. It is still in pretty good running condition today, with minor problems here and there. No major repairs were needed, and the car has been very reliable throughout the entire time my family has owned it. It has been an extremely pleasing vehicle, and I would definitely recommend Buick to potential car purchasers!

I'm sold on Buicks now!
By Imani Odufuye on 12/08/08 06:50 AM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I currently own many cars Ford, Chrsyler Chevy, but the b\Buick GS is my daily driver and I absolutely love it. I don't agree with many of the owners, in terms of performance,(170hp? are you kidding?) however it can get out of its way. GM addressed this issue with the 3800 series 2. The interior is nicely layed out with the console and gauges. The transmission is silky smooth, the reliability approaches the likes of Honda or Toyota. The 93 Buick was clearly one of the best cars of the dismal 90's

Awesome car!
By Art L. on 12/24/06 17:17 PM (PST)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for 13 years putting 262,000 miles on it. Yes it really did last that long until transmission broke and became too expensive to fix. I had regular maintnece and took very good care of the car. I liked a lot of features the car had. Just a few issues with the car like brakes and had to get a new radiator at 140,000.

208,000 Miles and still running strong.
By Fred Hanter on 07/25/06 11:45 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

I am the first and only owner of this car. I bought it back in late '93 and the only problem with it was that around 60,000 miles 4 spark plugs were shot by no means anything serious. I have taken very good care of it and there is only one rust spot about the size of a quarter.