Used 1992 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Older, but don't want to give up motor
By kaylynn10

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

Purchaed in 2/1992 and have had to only replace water pump and turning signal box. I live in Texas so the heat has wrecked paint job, leather seats in front. Last 3 months though radiator sprung leak, power steering and some basic electrical (1 power window, sunroof off and on again. It doesn't look great, but afraid to get rid of it. I've left many cars in the dust with speed of take-off (fast motor). Fuel injected if that makes a difference. Wish I knew if engine could be stabbed into another car. I would do that in a heartbeat. Oh year, when A/C worked it froze you out, even in 100+degrees. Love this car(and when I bought it I thought it was a granny car) No way.

Handling, engine speed, durability, few repairs (hope to get A/C fixed by next summer. Dependability and the windshield wipers directionals are cool.

Better paint job, no floating gas gauge,better placement of windshield fluid tank.Used to automatically lock all doors when I got in and closed the door...that was a pain, but no more, guess that's broken too.

V6 handles very well, very reliable
By Katie

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this about three and a half years ago with 80,000 mi. The body was in excellent condition for a car that was over 10 years old, no rust. It now has over 125,000 and still looks beautiful (despite the damage from a little run in with a deer). I've had to do very little routine maintenence outside oil changes (serpentine belt replacement, o-ring replacement, fuel pump, and starter). Smooth ride on the highway, hasn't given me too many problems and surprisingly decent gas mileage.

Performance, smooth ride, body quality

Interior design, digital dashboard lights are hard to see in the sun

OK car
By pop123

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had multiple problems with the alternator and electrical systems. This car is only good for city driving, not highway. It has been in the repair shop overall 13 times for different reasons!

None

No floating guages. It's hard to read the gas guage. When you press the pedal, it goes down!

Great car
By calypsoship

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My Regal was hit by another motorist, turning the vehicle into a roll. If my wife and little boy had been in almost any other vehicle than the reliable regal it could have been fatal. They walked away. Very safe car.

My first love.
By MERKURxr4i

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

How many 20 year old males do you know, that are dying to own a Buick Regal Gran Sport? This was me, every day, asking my neighbor lady to sell me her car. One day she came home with a new car, & told me where I could find her 92 Regal. For 5K I drove home in my very first car. I've had that Buick for almost 4 years now, and the only complaint I have is the brakes. All 4 calipers, rotors, lines, & the booster have been replaced. The brake pads wear out every year just like clockwork. No matter what, the brakes always feel weak. Other than brakes & routine mantainence, I've had no major problems with the car. 126K & still running like a top.

*Don't laugh, but it's the windshield wipers that go opposite directions. They remind me of old cars from the 50's. Too bad GM doesn't do this on the new Regal. I love driving this car in the rain! *I'm convinced that the 3800 V6 is one of the best engines GM has ever made!

*Brake system needs serious help. *Larger gauges *"pump-set" parking brake is stupid *oil filter is a pain to change