1992 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Older, but don't want to give up motor
By kaylynn10 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

Purchaed in 2/1992 and have had to only replace water pump and turning signal box. I live in Texas so the heat has wrecked paint job, leather seats in front. Last 3 months though radiator sprung leak, power steering and some basic electrical (1 power window, sunroof off and on again. It doesn't look great, but afraid to get rid of it. I've left many cars in the dust with speed of take-off (fast motor). Fuel injected if that makes a difference. Wish I knew if engine could be stabbed into another car. I would do that in a heartbeat. Oh year, when A/C worked it froze you out, even in 100+degrees. Love this car(and when I bought it I thought it was a granny car) No way.

V6 handles very well, very reliable
By Katie on 08/14/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this about three and a half years ago with 80,000 mi. The body was in excellent condition for a car that was over 10 years old, no rust. It now has over 125,000 and still looks beautiful (despite the damage from a little run in with a deer). I've had to do very little routine maintenence outside oil changes (serpentine belt replacement, o-ring replacement, fuel pump, and starter). Smooth ride on the highway, hasn't given me too many problems and surprisingly decent gas mileage.

OK car
By pop123 on 08/19/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had multiple problems with the alternator and electrical systems. This car is only good for city driving, not highway. It has been in the repair shop overall 13 times for different reasons!

Great car
By calypsoship on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My Regal was hit by another motorist, turning the vehicle into a roll. If my wife and little boy had been in almost any other vehicle than the reliable regal it could have been fatal. They walked away. Very safe car.

My first love.
By MERKURxr4i on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

How many 20 year old males do you know, that are dying to own a Buick Regal Gran Sport? This was me, every day, asking my neighbor lady to sell me her car. One day she came home with a new car, & told me where I could find her 92 Regal. For 5K I drove home in my very first car. I've had that Buick for almost 4 years now, and the only complaint I have is the brakes. All 4 calipers, rotors, lines, & the booster have been replaced. The brake pads wear out every year just like clockwork. No matter what, the brakes always feel weak. Other than brakes & routine mantainence, I've had no major problems with the car. 126K & still running like a top.

not bad for a granny car
By David Jones on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

ive been driving this car since 5/03 has 137k mi. but still feels tight and generally drives like new. brakes just got done and stop well though take some warm up time 3.8 has good torque off the line. steering is tight esp. for a buick and the suspension though somewhat harsh in town has plenty of travel and smooths out on hgwy. a good solid car with a great engine and wont make you feel like youve come right out of the retirement community (i'm 20)

After the ninth year
By mace on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

The first ten years I had no problems except for the poor paint job. At the middle of year ten, I had to buy 3 alternators, and now the transmission is gone out. the electric antennae has been replaced 3 times and still does not work. My 2 wireless entry work but cannot fit a keychain. Dealer service poor in FL and NC. Spent $1500 and car returned in worst shape.

Good quality car
By DMK ai3 on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car, very reliable, decent gas mileage for a V6, however, its a weak V6 at only 140 hp. ABS is good, my AC is broken though. The sound system is actually really good even though it doesn't have a tape or CD player. Very comfortable, exterior design is not very stylish.

Super Car!
By Silazius on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Very reliable for its age. Interior fit and finish pretty good. Exterior fit and finish excellent. A little sloppy under hard handling. Trunk space reduced by trunk lid hinges, but otherwise spacious trunk.

1992 buick regal gs
By fkcz on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

Bought new 1992,overall good car,comfortable on long trips.I have had several maint.issues, but it has never stranded me.I have replaced alternator twice, front brake pads 4 times,front rotors once, water pump once.All the rest was normal main.,tires,battery