1991 Buick Regal 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best Car I Will Have

1991 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Review

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

Best Car I Will Have Ever Owned
By John on

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought the car without really knowing what I was getting. The features were attractive, especially exterior along with the radio controls on the steering wheel, express drivers side windows, comfortable cloth seats, lots of interior space and a large trunk, wire wheel covers, electric remote trunk release, electric retractable antenna, and more. But, what I really came to appreciate, and has been the heart of this car, has been a 3800 V6 Engine w/ TPI. After 265,000 miles I am still happy with the gas mileage, although a broken gasket on the central port just recently was replaced to hopefully return the mileage to 17/27. I laugh at drivers who don't enjoy driving in snow like I do.

Favorite Features

Driving in snow, especially with brand new tires. I bought the car in Aug. 1991, just 2 months before the Halloween snowstorm in MN. I quickly learned how snow does not stop this front wheel drive snowmobile. It is quiet and very comfortable to drive. Only needed repair of normal maintenance items

Suggested Improvements

Wish the glass holder between the front seats, that flipped out of the center arm cushion would have lasted longer. Wish the gas and temp gauges would have lasted longer. Oil change every 3,000 miles and routine maintenance have maintained the engine in good shape. Wish had access to more car info.
By john1117
on 03/18/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

This is John again. Well, at 297,232 miles the Crossmember K-Frame, Lower Left Control Arm, Tie-Rods and Ball Joint all went to hell as I hit a pothole on Dodd Road in Mendota Heights, MN in February, 2011. My 1991 Buick regal is done. Got $500 on a trade-in on a Buick LaCrosse. Other problems with the 1991 Buick Regal Limited: The underframe was rusting away. The air conditioner needed to be recharged, and the original stainless steel muffler was starting to come apart. The dashboard's Gas Gauge and Engine Heat Gauge had not worked for the past 100,000 miles. The interior has remained sound with no rattles. The radio gave way at approx. 287,000 miles but I replaced that with one from an auto salvage place. But, the engine was still running and sweet as ever. 1991 Buick Regal: It will be the best snow mobile I will have ever owned. I was aiming for 300,000 miles and 20 years of ownership but only got to 19 years, 7 months.