1991 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
First Car
By tylerj1 on 11/12/13 21:13 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Got this car at 17 in 2012 and have loved it. Its incredibly reliable and amazingly comfortable. I put a stereo and Polk Audio speakers in immediately. I have fallen in love with my buick and often tweet about it.

Road Car 3800cc V-6
By somerton on 02/28/13 14:20 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a "man's car" in that it is very powerful and appeals to those who like to work on their own. I purchased it in 2003 with 112,000 miles and have gone to 175,000 with numerous long distance trips to Cleveland, Jamestown (W. NY), Boston, and Beaufort, SC. Repairs: fuel pump, motor mounts, struts, rear calipers, ign coils, brake hoses, two window motors, wheel bearing, altenator, turn signal/stop light control unit, and several motor mounts. The cost of inspections, maintenance, and repairs has come to $.16/mile over 10 years. The vehicle only cost $1,200 and was not well cared for before I purchased it.

My Baby
By shietta1 on 08/11/11 09:35 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

THIS WAS MY FIRST CAR AND I LOVED IT. THIS CAR WAS SUPER RELIABLE AND IT NEVER LET ME DOWN. I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR.

What a Keeper
By pablo on 04/29/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

My Regal Limited is now 18 years old and with only 97,000 miles on it still runs and drives like new. I think that the 3.8 engine has to be one of the best that GM has ever produced. Just thought it was kind of odd that this car is the Limited but has manual crank windows, but I have learned to live with them. Excellent car that I would recommend to anyone. And the gas mileage is tops.

Best Car I Will Have Ever Owned
By John on 03/02/09 17:01 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought the car without really knowing what I was getting. The features were attractive, especially exterior along with the radio controls on the steering wheel, express drivers side windows, comfortable cloth seats, lots of interior space and a large trunk, wire wheel covers, electric remote trunk release, electric retractable antenna, and more. But, what I really came to appreciate, and has been the heart of this car, has been a 3800 V6 Engine w/ TPI. After 265,000 miles I am still happy with the gas mileage, although a broken gasket on the central port just recently was replaced to hopefully return the mileage to 17/27. I laugh at drivers who don't enjoy driving in snow like I do.

Not a car for New England
By frobuzmumber on 06/09/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car was wonderful, for a while. I liked a lot of the features, however this car is not designed to be used in New England. The frame and mounts under the car rotted out, thus causing the engine to fall out ( while I was driving) it took out the tierod on the right side, and bent the axle, and ripped the steering pin out.. (no steering) I ended up hitting a telephone pole which totaled the car.

Joy of Ownership
By pds on 05/24/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this '91 Limited as a local get-to-work car. But as it turns out this car is so much enjoyable to drive I make it my main transportation to wherever I want to go. THe 3.8 is a pleasure and the car is so quiet and smooth it's like driving a much bigger and more expensive car.

Love my Regal
By Edward Paxton on 03/22/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Purchased Regal with 89,000 miles. Comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Silver paint is still in pristine condition and interior was well taken care of. I love the car with its full range of visibility all around and it has nice road feel. I hope to keep this car for years to come.

The legacy car.
By Tom on 07/14/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My grandparents bought this vehicle new in 1991. It was handed down to me a few years ago, and still serves as my primary car. The car now has 201,000 miles on it, and is still serves reliably. The only service this car has needed since new has been the replacement of the alternator, which could not have been easier for me. These vehicles with the indestructable Buick 3800 engine will last forever.

A great car, fast, very comfortable, reliable
By Boris Morales on 09/22/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This car is a very well rounded car for real life driving, especially when you have to drive fast on the highway. It is most comfortable whether it be driving in stop and go traffic or at 85 mph. It's been reliable and solid. I would not mind driving it from Florida to Alaska and back. It has enough space in the interior for 4 tall people or 5 regular ones and the trunk is cavernous. Most recommended.