1991 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
Road Car 3800cc V-6
By somerton on 02/28/13 14:20 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a "man's car" in that it is very powerful and appeals to those who like to work on their own. I purchased it in 2003 with 112,000 miles and have gone to 175,000 with numerous long distance trips to Cleveland, Jamestown (W. NY), Boston, and Beaufort, SC. Repairs: fuel pump, motor mounts, struts, rear calipers, ign coils, brake hoses, two window motors, wheel bearing, altenator, turn signal/stop light control unit, and several motor mounts. The cost of inspections, maintenance, and repairs has come to $.16/mile over 10 years. The vehicle only cost $1,200 and was not well cared for before I purchased it.

My Baby
By shietta1 on 08/11/11 09:35 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

THIS WAS MY FIRST CAR AND I LOVED IT. THIS CAR WAS SUPER RELIABLE AND IT NEVER LET ME DOWN. I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR.

What a Keeper
By pablo on 04/29/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

My Regal Limited is now 18 years old and with only 97,000 miles on it still runs and drives like new. I think that the 3.8 engine has to be one of the best that GM has ever produced. Just thought it was kind of odd that this car is the Limited but has manual crank windows, but I have learned to live with them. Excellent car that I would recommend to anyone. And the gas mileage is tops.

Best Car I Will Have Ever Owned
By John on 03/02/09 17:01 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought the car without really knowing what I was getting. The features were attractive, especially exterior along with the radio controls on the steering wheel, express drivers side windows, comfortable cloth seats, lots of interior space and a large trunk, wire wheel covers, electric remote trunk release, electric retractable antenna, and more. But, what I really came to appreciate, and has been the heart of this car, has been a 3800 V6 Engine w/ TPI. After 265,000 miles I am still happy with the gas mileage, although a broken gasket on the central port just recently was replaced to hopefully return the mileage to 17/27. I laugh at drivers who don't enjoy driving in snow like I do.

Joy of Ownership
By pds on 05/24/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this '91 Limited as a local get-to-work car. But as it turns out this car is so much enjoyable to drive I make it my main transportation to wherever I want to go. THe 3.8 is a pleasure and the car is so quiet and smooth it's like driving a much bigger and more expensive car.

A great car, fast, very comfortable, reliable
By Boris Morales on 09/22/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

This car is a very well rounded car for real life driving, especially when you have to drive fast on the highway. It is most comfortable whether it be driving in stop and go traffic or at 85 mph. It's been reliable and solid. I would not mind driving it from Florida to Alaska and back. It has enough space in the interior for 4 tall people or 5 regular ones and the trunk is cavernous. Most recommended.

Love the Accelleration
By Will1884 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has some decent power and is a very comfortable ride. when you get up too 120 KM/H you feel like you are floating...i really recommend this vehicle if you want power combined with comfort. this vehicle handles well the only problem is the back end seems to swing out a lttle in tight turns.

Mixed Feelings
By KenX on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

Beautiful car. 67K when purchased. Power everything...but little by little all those power features turned against us. Radio controls, power windows, BRAKES which no mechanic was able to diagnose...the pedal was ROCK HARD as if the power assist has just given up. ABS went, intermittent Check Engine light, drainage problem with sunroof -- kinked drain hose inside the roof. AC compressor died. Near the end the car was just dead every morning. We'd jump it and it would be fine, or not. That was the last straw. With 120K, it was time to move on.

baby why ? or you poor poor thing
By capricornchild7 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

when i first laid eyes on her i thought wow! what a car. a car i can feel i have arrived, coming from a geo driver who now wishes she still had her geo.i am writing this review because i am so upset in how much money it will cost me according the buick dealership to get my baby purring again and see if she still got something. i need a entirely new braking system in md,temple hills area that will cost approx. $1952.00 please that more than the car. then i think maybe if the other owner had kept her up then she wouldn't be asking so much out of me

GREAT SPORT SEDAN
By vikram on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Limited 4dr Sedan

1991 Regal Limited Sedan with the 3.8l is exceptioanlly fast, mine clocks at 7.1 to 60mph. It is a little body roll but otherwise it is very responsive. Luxury feel that can always haul ass.