1991 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:
First Car
By tylerj1 on 11/12/13 21:13 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Got this car at 17 in 2012 and have loved it. Its incredibly reliable and amazingly comfortable. I put a stereo and Polk Audio speakers in immediately. I have fallen in love with my buick and often tweet about it.

Not a car for New England
By frobuzmumber on 06/09/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

This car was wonderful, for a while. I liked a lot of the features, however this car is not designed to be used in New England. The frame and mounts under the car rotted out, thus causing the engine to fall out ( while I was driving) it took out the tierod on the right side, and bent the axle, and ripped the steering pin out.. (no steering) I ended up hitting a telephone pole which totaled the car.

Love my Regal
By Edward Paxton on 03/22/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Purchased Regal with 89,000 miles. Comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Silver paint is still in pristine condition and interior was well taken care of. I love the car with its full range of visibility all around and it has nice road feel. I hope to keep this car for years to come.

The legacy car.
By Tom on 07/14/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

My grandparents bought this vehicle new in 1991. It was handed down to me a few years ago, and still serves as my primary car. The car now has 201,000 miles on it, and is still serves reliably. The only service this car has needed since new has been the replacement of the alternator, which could not have been easier for me. These vehicles with the indestructable Buick 3800 engine will last forever.

Decent ride.
By msecrest on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Purchased the vehicle, after a corporate lease, with 80,000 miles on it. Other than regular maintenance, there were problems with the rear break calipers (4 wheel disc). Replaced them twice over the next 60-70,000 miles. Come to find out there was problems with the rear breaks and a class action lawsuit was filed. Sometime after 90,000 miles the parking break broke. I have had no qualms about buying the vehicle.

BLAH What a sick car!
By dre9516_69 on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I started driving it and I realized that the air conditioning was blowing out no air! Then after about two hours of total driving the fuel pump went out, then about 10 min after the fuel pump was replaced 5 of my fuel injectors failed, then it was my electronic ignintion modulator, then it was 3 coil packs!!!!!!! In less than a week I had spent 900 dollars in repair, then it started leaking antifreez really bad, so I had it looked at and i was told a frost plug had rusted out, 48 dollars to fix, I had a cracked block! I hate it, I want to crash it into a train cuz watching it get demolished would be the best time I will ever have with this car