Used 1991 Buick Regal Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

First Car
By tylerj1

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Got this car at 17 in 2012 and have loved it. Its incredibly reliable and amazingly comfortable. I put a stereo and Polk Audio speakers in immediately. I have fallen in love with my buick and often tweet about it.

Incredibly comfortable cruiser and very reliable. There is a lot of interior room and a huge trunk. A full sized spare tire even fits inside the trunk. I drive it everyday in the city and routinely take long trips to either go mountain biking or visit friends at other college campuses. For a 4 hour round trip maxing 66mph I get at least 31mpg with some city driving. Best gas mileage I got was averaging 60mph only on highways for 2 hours and got 35.8mpg. With normal city driving typically get 22 in summer and 20 in winter(live in Wisconsin). The headlights and high beams are INCREDIBLE, plastic is still crystal clear.

Really wish my car had electric windows. That is pretty much the only negative. It does suck that I don't have airbags but to compensate I always wear a sumo suit to protect myself incase someone decides to hit my beautiful buik. #buickswag

Not a car for New England
By frobuzmumber

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

This car was wonderful, for a while. I liked a lot of the features, however this car is not designed to be used in New England. The frame and mounts under the car rotted out, thus causing the engine to fall out ( while I was driving) it took out the tierod on the right side, and bent the axle, and ripped the steering pin out.. (no steering) I ended up hitting a telephone pole which totaled the car.

Roomy (even for big people)

A frame that won't rust.

Love my Regal
By Edward Paxton

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Purchased Regal with 89,000 miles. Comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Silver paint is still in pristine condition and interior was well taken care of. I love the car with its full range of visibility all around and it has nice road feel. I hope to keep this car for years to come.

Bucket seats provides a nice fit. I like the tach display, although not as fancy as some, it serves me well. The luggage rack, adds a little sportiness, which I like.

Needs some kind of cup holders

The legacy car.
By Tom

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

My grandparents bought this vehicle new in 1991. It was handed down to me a few years ago, and still serves as my primary car. The car now has 201,000 miles on it, and is still serves reliably. The only service this car has needed since new has been the replacement of the alternator, which could not have been easier for me. These vehicles with the indestructable Buick 3800 engine will last forever.

Still comfortable after 15 years.

What can you say about a 15 year old car?

Decent ride.
By msecrest

1991 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

Purchased the vehicle, after a corporate lease, with 80,000 miles on it. Other than regular maintenance, there were problems with the rear break calipers (4 wheel disc). Replaced them twice over the next 60-70,000 miles. Come to find out there was problems with the rear breaks and a class action lawsuit was filed. Sometime after 90,000 miles the parking break broke. I have had no qualms about buying the vehicle.

reliablity, performance and decent MPG.

Rear breaks could have been better designed.