Used 1991 Buick Reatta Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Buick Reatta - Consumer Reviews

1991 Buick Reatta

View reviews for a specific Reatta model:

A keeper
By Brian

1991 Buick Reatta 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle in the spring of 2000. At the time it had 110,000 miles on it. It ran and drove as great as it looked. However, being an avid automotive DYI nut, I replaced all shocks/struts, breaks, H2O hoses, water pump, and tune-up items. I have enjoyed over 5,000 trouble free miles since and expect many 10thís of thousand more. Interior space is very generous and the trunk will hold more then enough luggages for any trip planed. This car is truly a well kept secret. I time itís true spot in Buick history will be recognized. If you are fortunate enough to purchase one of these hand crafted Buicks, be prepared for a lot of attention from strangers young and old, male and female.

Favorite Features

Classic, non cookie cutter styling, attention grabber, high collector potential.

Suggested Improvements

Should have had a performance addition available from factory. Few after market performance upgrades available. Needs more pep to match image.

Buick Reatta 89 Coupe
By Tom Thomas

1991 Buick Reatta 2dr Coupe

Everything worked when I got the car, and there have been only minor glitches. Rides very quietly but handles well. Sound quality of upscale cassette deck and radio w touch screen great. Touch controls are simple and fun to operate. Gas mileage quickly improved after first month of real driving, to where 28 highway, 19 city is common, and on 87 octane. GM 3800 engine more than adequate on light car. Build quality and paint are fantastic as it was practically a hand made car. About the only thing I fault on this car is that the brakes seem a little weak, and they have been inspected bled etc.

Favorite Features

Touch screen Digital Reedout speedometer cluster Quiet ride Handling

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes Look for sunroof option