Used 1990 Buick Reatta Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Buick Reatta - Consumer Reviews

1990 Buick Reatta Coupe

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

FUN
By outkast

1990 Buick Reatta Coupe 2dr Coupe

When I first saw my car listed I was kind of skeptical. I have always thought of buick as making reliable cars but cars for an older generation. I usually look at them and say "that looks like a really nice car but it is just not my style." But, when I saw my car I immediately fill in love with it. The styling was way ahead of its time and is still not dated it reminds me of a sports car you would see on a dealers lot today. I have had this car for over a year and have had ZERO problems with it. Which I think is pretty good considering age. It was built to last.

Favorite Features

The looks of envy I get when driving down the street.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding me? I would not change a thing!

Miss Red
By May E. DuPree

1990 Buick Reatta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Driving the Buick Reatta was an experience I never had with any other cars I've driven. I felt such joy and excitement showing off this beautiful red sports car. I felt like a special person driving my Reatta! Whenever Red needed to be fixed and was their for her. Maintance and the oil change was very important to me. My Reatta was special to me and I still value Red. Whenever something is wrong I try my best to get her fixed. As the years go by it seem to be very frustrating, not being able to maintain the up keep for Red. The parts for Red is very hard to locate or find at the automotive shop as well as the dealers. Now I feel helpless, trying to maintain Red to keep her up and running.

Favorite Features

My favorite features with my Buick Reatta is the sunroof. During the summer driving red, was such joy to let my sunroof back and let the fresh breeze circulate the entire car. One of the important feature was being able to have an opportuntiy to get inside of the trunk from the inside with no keys.

Suggested Improvements

Having the opportunity to own a Buick Reatta, the only improvements that I can come up with is the door frame that incase the windows on the driver and passager side. Whenever it rains and the rubber around the door crack rain seeps inside. Improvement for the brakes should have been a safety issue.

'90 Reatta Coupe
By Jack Prochaska

1990 Buick Reatta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Well built, dependable cruiser. Great driver, not a speedster. Antiquated ABS system is only flaw.

Favorite Features

Timeless body and interior styles, comfortable seating and easy to read controls and instrumentation.

Suggested Improvements

0 to 60 and passing performance is lackluster.

Classic Car
By Dan H

1990 Buick Reatta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great little car, excellent handling and performance. Hand built in Michigan, build quality excellent. This car is bound to be a collectable classic, since not many were built.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

More HP

BUICK REATTA
By HARLEYPARTS

1990 Buick Reatta Coupe 2dr Coupe

HAVE HAD THE REATTA FOR 14 YEARS. MAINTENANCE HAS BEEN MIMIMAL.OIL IS CHANGED EVERY 3000 MILES.WHEN LIVING UP NORTH, THE CAR WAS STORED FOR THE WINTER.NEVER SAW SNOW OR SALT. THE "FLIP UP" HEADLIGHTS WERE FIXED TWICE BY MYSELF BY GOING ON THE REATTA SITE (LOTS OF GOOD INFO THERE)AND THE BRAKE ACCUMULATOR HAS BEEN REPLACED. OTHER THAN THOSE, THAT IS IT.

Favorite Features

PICKUP IS VERY REASONABLE, AND GAS MILEAGE IS GOOD... STYLING INSIDE AND OUT IS VERY GOOD. WE GET A LOT OF COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE ON THE CAR

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT THAT WAS NEEDED WOULD BE THE HEADLIGHT SWIVEL ARM. IT IS MADE OUT OF POT METAL AND WEARS OUT.BUT I REALLY CANT COMPLAIN,WHAT WITH HAVING THE CAR FOR 14 YEARS