Used 1990 Buick Reatta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Buick Reatta - Consumer Reviews

1990 Buick Reatta

View reviews for a specific Reatta model:

My white on white trim very rare
By White on White Conve

1990 Buick Reatta 2dr Convertible

I have rebuilt almost the entire car. Only thing I have left is interior seats. Some simple external fixes. This car has new engine, 1990 Buick replacement engine, new transmission, air, original paint white on white trim which is a special order. Car is fun to drive, new top, great tires, I love it!

Favorite Features

Style, well built, just a fun car.

Suggested Improvements

Need new seats, leather is worn.

FUN
By outkast

1990 Buick Reatta 2dr Coupe

When I first saw my car listed I was kind of skeptical. I have always thought of buick as making reliable cars but cars for an older generation. I usually look at them and say "that looks like a really nice car but it is just not my style." But, when I saw my car I immediately fill in love with it. The styling was way ahead of its time and is still not dated it reminds me of a sports car you would see on a dealers lot today. I have had this car for over a year and have had ZERO problems with it. Which I think is pretty good considering age. It was built to last.

Favorite Features

The looks of envy I get when driving down the street.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding me? I would not change a thing!

Great automobile
By peter zimmer

1990 Buick Reatta 2dr Convertible

I have two Reattas, one coupe and one convertible, both 1990 vintage. Both cars require little to no maintenance, are fun to drive, get admiring stares from other drivers, and frequently a ,"what kind of car is that"? I have owned dozens of cars over my lifetime, but this little auto is by far the most comfortable roadster ever built in the USA. If you are able, buy one!

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

None

Fun Fun Fun
By H.Lyon

1990 Buick Reatta 2dr Convertible

Great birthday present! Fun to drive. Accceleration is decent. Handling is excellent. Get lots of looks and positive comments when out 7 about. Easy to drop the top, even though it's a manual process. Had pop-up headlights repaired, and power window driver side needs replacement, and thats's all. Currently have 54k miles on her.

Favorite Features

The drop top and large trunk. Also lockable compartments behind the seats.

Suggested Improvements

None, really. And besides, isn't it a little too late ?

Miss Red
By May E. DuPree

1990 Buick Reatta 2dr Coupe

Driving the Buick Reatta was an experience I never had with any other cars I've driven. I felt such joy and excitement showing off this beautiful red sports car. I felt like a special person driving my Reatta! Whenever Red needed to be fixed and was their for her. Maintance and the oil change was very important to me. My Reatta was special to me and I still value Red. Whenever something is wrong I try my best to get her fixed. As the years go by it seem to be very frustrating, not being able to maintain the up keep for Red. The parts for Red is very hard to locate or find at the automotive shop as well as the dealers. Now I feel helpless, trying to maintain Red to keep her up and running.

Favorite Features

My favorite features with my Buick Reatta is the sunroof. During the summer driving red, was such joy to let my sunroof back and let the fresh breeze circulate the entire car. One of the important feature was being able to have an opportuntiy to get inside of the trunk from the inside with no keys.

Suggested Improvements

Having the opportunity to own a Buick Reatta, the only improvements that I can come up with is the door frame that incase the windows on the driver and passager side. Whenever it rains and the rubber around the door crack rain seeps inside. Improvement for the brakes should have been a safety issue.