2007 Buick Rainier Consumer Review: Great Value and Under-Rated by

2007 Buick Rainier - Consumer Review

CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great Value and Under-Rated by Editors
By RonP on

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

With over 17,000 miles on my Rainier, there have been zero problems with the vehicle. I purchased the Rainier because the seats in my 2004 LeSabre were so uncomfortable my wife could not ride in it for any distance, even though we had zero problems with it over 85,000 miles and still experienced 32 mpg on the highway and 22 in my commute to work. The Rainier's ride is great, wind noise in minimal, seating comfort is perfect (I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'6"), and the towing and carrying flexibility are outstanding. While the mpg averages are less than the LeSabre, I still average slightly over 22 mpg on the highway and a little over 15 mpg commuting to work. This was Buick's best kept secret!

Seating comfort, ride, leveling rear shocks, towing capacity, solid construction, reliability.

While the engine is powerful - 291 hp - it does not have the quickness one would expect.