2007 Buick Rainier SUV Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

2007 Rainier Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Buick Enthusiast
By Buick Enthusiast

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet ride, just what you would expect from Buick. The features of am import luxury car in an SUV.

Favorite Features

Easy exit driver seat, htd seats, OnStar, exterior styling, cargo area air compresser, auto-leveling system.

Suggested Improvements

Put DVD controls in front, needs more clearance when liftgate opened.

Buick Rainier CXL.
By Harold

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Handles great on trips, all the bells & whistles you would want. Biggest complaint is with rear seats down it is difficult to access a cooler behind the driver from the passenger side. Sun visors are to small and for the price you would think it would have pull outs so when you use them as a side visor they would block the top of the drivers/passengers window! Very aggravating!

Favorite Features

Power seats with auto reverse when you turn the key off for easy departure. XM radio & OnStar! Heated seats are excellent! Instant start is much better than haveing to hold the key in start until the engine does rev up!

Suggested Improvements

More storage space for maps etc. in front and some place to hang a trash bag! to late now with them being out of production?

Great Value and Under-Rated by Editors
By RonP

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

With over 17,000 miles on my Rainier, there have been zero problems with the vehicle. I purchased the Rainier because the seats in my 2004 LeSabre were so uncomfortable my wife could not ride in it for any distance, even though we had zero problems with it over 85,000 miles and still experienced 32 mpg on the highway and 22 in my commute to work. The Rainier's ride is great, wind noise in minimal, seating comfort is perfect (I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'6"), and the towing and carrying flexibility are outstanding. While the mpg averages are less than the LeSabre, I still average slightly over 22 mpg on the highway and a little over 15 mpg commuting to work. This was Buick's best kept secret!

Favorite Features

Seating comfort, ride, leveling rear shocks, towing capacity, solid construction, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

While the engine is powerful - 291 hp - it does not have the quickness one would expect.

A Pleasurable and Performing SUV
By JMC6

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have been incredibly pleased with all aspects of this SUV. The smooth and quiet of the ride are not like an SUV. Plenty of power in the I-6. Dollar value was outstanding. It is unfortunate that Buick is not continuing the Rainier.

Favorite Features

Smooth and quite ride.

Suggested Improvements

Continue production!

Pleasant Surprise
By Keith

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We were looking at the Acacia when the dealer showed us the Rainier. The value for the Rainier was exceptional. We towed our boat on a 2,000 mile excursion through the Sierras and it pulled with very little problem. Comfortable seats, quiet and smooth ride. The fold back rear seat headrests help with vision when no one is riding in the back. The built in air compressor is a plus. urning radius is very tight.

Favorite Features

Air suspension raises vehicle when driving, but lowers for easy entry.

Suggested Improvements

Move the gearshift to column. That would allow easier access to cupholders and provide room for more compartment storage.

2007 Buick Saved it's best for Last
By Jon M

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got My Rainier by way of a factory order, and toured the factory where it was made in Moraine Ohio. This vehicle is flat out awesome. It has a smooth ride and does not have a flat out truck feel at all. It's the quietest I have ever owned. I have no regrets getting this one. Just too bad Buick is dropping this model after the 2007 year ends. Things that need more publicity are DVD Navigation and Onstar Turn by Turn Navigation standard on the 2007 Buick line. Having both on the same vehicle makes long trips a breeze. The Voice control of the navigation system is a really great feature. The factory DVD Navigation can be added later with the “Delphi TNR800” Unit from Crutchfield.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating and ride. Super Quiet. 2007 Onstar Turn by Turn Navigation. DVD Navigation, GPS interior layout and styling. AWD with traction control. Bose stereo system. Stabilitrak. Onstar Vehicle Diagnostics.

Suggested Improvements

None real improvements needed.

Overall very happy
By Mike Gurnee, Il

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When it was time to replace my DeVille, we decided to purchase another Ranier. Now my wife and I both drive Raniers and are extremely satisfied with them. We have had no problems with the 2004, only going back to the dealer for oil changes. Hopefully we will get that same level of satisfaction from the new one. Gas mileage is not great but as advertised. We get 21 to 23 on the highway which is not bad for a heavy vehicle. Buick did cheapen the interior since 2004 with different sun visor brackets and mirrors and no overhead assist handle over the driver. They did however, add the wood trimmed steering wheel and gear shifter.

Favorite Features

Styling, Quiet interior, Quality of workmanship

Suggested Improvements

Mount shifter on steering column to free up room in console for better drink holders. Also, air compressor for suspension is noisy and runs constantly. Dealer said it's operating correctly.

Rainier Awesome
By Donna

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The last 3 SUV's we've owened were all Oldsmobile Bravada's which was a step above the Envoy and step below a Cadillac. When Oldsmobile closed, the Buick division cloned the Bravada with the Rainier. After recently buying the Rainier, we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this truck truly is. The ride is great, performance great and totally compares to the Bravada. Buick came a long way when they created this truck. Not an old man's vehicle anymore!

Favorite Features

GPS. Stability track

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder too close to shifter and can't get cup in or out while truck is in park. No other complaints!

A Buick, what?
By Dave Busch

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

OK, like most of us in my age group (40- 50) the name Buick is not a vehicle we are familiar with unless it’s a Buick Grand National, an 80’s muscle car! At least that’s the case for me. OK, my parents have owned them but I thought it was an old persons car…lol but I guess all things change and after having a family myself I have become less about speed and performance and more at what’s practical and comfortable. Don’t get me wrong for a V-6 putting out an impressive 291 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque its no slouch. after looking at the Envoys I was sold on the Rainier. The Buick Rainier out classes the Envoy and rides like an upper class town car. Its the best bang for your buck!

Favorite Features

The seats and engine smoothness

Suggested Improvements

Location of cup holders is not my favorite.

Most Comfortable Car for the Price
By KN

2007 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I love this car. The ride is incredibly smooth and the comfort is beyond those in the same price range. There is plenty of room for a family.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Drink holders are very close to the stick shift. The stick shift takes up a lot of space and makes the drink holders not easily accessible.