2007 Buick Rainier 4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Buick Rainier CXL.
By Harold on 03/23/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Handles great on trips, all the bells & whistles you would want. Biggest complaint is with rear seats down it is difficult to access a cooler behind the driver from the passenger side. Sun visors are to small and for the price you would think it would have pull outs so when you use them as a side visor they would block the top of the drivers/passengers window! Very aggravating!

Great Value and Under-Rated by Editors
By RonP on 11/28/07 07:13 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

With over 17,000 miles on my Rainier, there have been zero problems with the vehicle. I purchased the Rainier because the seats in my 2004 LeSabre were so uncomfortable my wife could not ride in it for any distance, even though we had zero problems with it over 85,000 miles and still experienced 32 mpg on the highway and 22 in my commute to work. The Rainier's ride is great, wind noise in minimal, seating comfort is perfect (I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'6"), and the towing and carrying flexibility are outstanding. While the mpg averages are less than the LeSabre, I still average slightly over 22 mpg on the highway and a little over 15 mpg commuting to work. This was Buick's best kept secret!

A Pleasurable and Performing SUV
By JMC6 on 10/04/07 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have been incredibly pleased with all aspects of this SUV. The smooth and quiet of the ride are not like an SUV. Plenty of power in the I-6. Dollar value was outstanding. It is unfortunate that Buick is not continuing the Rainier.

Pleasant Surprise
By Keith on 07/30/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We were looking at the Acacia when the dealer showed us the Rainier. The value for the Rainier was exceptional. We towed our boat on a 2,000 mile excursion through the Sierras and it pulled with very little problem. Comfortable seats, quiet and smooth ride. The fold back rear seat headrests help with vision when no one is riding in the back. The built in air compressor is a plus. urning radius is very tight.

Rainier Awesome
By Donna on 05/02/07 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The last 3 SUV's we've owened were all Oldsmobile Bravada's which was a step above the Envoy and step below a Cadillac. When Oldsmobile closed, the Buick division cloned the Bravada with the Rainier. After recently buying the Rainier, we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this truck truly is. The ride is great, performance great and totally compares to the Bravada. Buick came a long way when they created this truck. Not an old man's vehicle anymore!

A Buick, what?
By Dave Busch on 03/29/07 01:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

OK, like most of us in my age group (40- 50) the name Buick is not a vehicle we are familiar with unless itís a Buick Grand National, an 80ís muscle car! At least thatís the case for me. OK, my parents have owned them but I thought it was an old persons carÖlol but I guess all things change and after having a family myself I have become less about speed and performance and more at whatís practical and comfortable. Donít get me wrong for a V-6 putting out an impressive 291 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque its no slouch. after looking at the Envoys I was sold on the Rainier. The Buick Rainier out classes the Envoy and rides like an upper class town car. Its the best bang for your buck!