2006 Buick Rainier SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Really disappointed
By Norman on 08/18/06 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We should have taken a longer test drive and done more homework. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. Tried to trade it in after a month, but already no trade-in value. The dealer obviously didn't want it back!

Horrible Gas Mileage
By shrimp525 on 08/08/06 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really love the way my new car drives, but the gas mileage is horrible. I have been averaging 10.1 miles per gallon. I have tried driving with the windows open but nothing helps. I do love the car but I would like to get more mileage from a tank of gas. I drove almost all highway and got 239 miles on a full tank.

Love My Ranier
By LENA BELSHER on 08/04/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many SUVs over the past 15 years, and the Ranier beats them all, in comfort,features,and quality. There are so many standard features, which will be extras in any other SUV. It is fun to drive, and gas mileage is decent for a mid size SUV. My sister, brother, and cousin all bought TrailBlazers, and now wish they would of checked out the Ranier. They love it. You will get your money's worth! I highly suggest that if you are in the market for an SUV, you have to check out the Buick Ranier!

Like the Rainer
By bob on 06/09/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Rainer for 2 weeks. I bought a program car with 8600 miles on it. Love the ride, comfort quiet and handling. This replaced my 2000 Jimmy, wow what a difference. So far, the mileage has been about 20 to 21 mpg 70% hwy and 30% town driving. I am real pleased with this. I will be looking a purchasing the 100K GM extended warranty, and deals on this?

Better than expected
By ken on 06/03/06 06:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Rainier 1 month ago and we both love it. It is quiter & smoother than we expected and so far the build quality is flawless. Like all SUV's we would like better gas mileage however it's what we expected. I have no complaints.

Fun to drive
By JAMES ZUNIGA on 05/08/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Very smooth riding and quiet. Comfortable seats. Easy to park. Lots of power for an inline 6. Has lots of extras that are optional on other vehicles. The navigation is simple and handy.

2006 Buick Ranier
By m buckenmayer on 04/16/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this mid size SUV. I drove over 20 other SUVs before deciding on purchasing the Ranier. It has plenty of pep, even with a 6 cy engine. The interior is the most comfortable of all SUVs I test drove. I am very tall and need a long seat, the Japanese SUVs were too short seated to give me proper leg or hip support. The ride is quiet, quiet, quiet. I love the XM/CD/ radio/nav system. Also there is lots of room as I easily can haul 5 golfers and their golf bags. I chose leather interior and it is very comfortable and very classy. The only thing I would change would be more storage space in the middle console.

Ranier, Surprise
By ranier on 04/14/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Buick Ranier on a whim, while out shopping one day. Normally, this is a foolish thing to do. I had researched so many other SUVs and wanted a 4 wheel drive vehicle for our southwest lifestyle. We immediately went on a four day weekend drive in mountainous Utah. We took a hunters trail over a 9000 foot mountain which included crossing creeks and traversing glaciers etc. No Problem for the 2 wheel drive Ranier. The six cylinder engine moves out very nicely. Comfort is awesome. My wife asked me the other day if I ever suffered from buyers remorse since or impulsive purchase? None.

Great SUV
By BANKER on 03/27/06 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had owned Jeeps for 20 years. This vehicles is superior in many ways. It drives and handles better. Mileage is better and it rides very nice. It is very quiet and has all the power you need with a V-8. I am very pleased with this purchase and would buy again.

My Buick
By Rick on 01/03/06 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Nice ride. Only negatives are fuel mileage and cup holders. It has all the equipment that our Yukon had.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.