Used 2006 Buick Rainier SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rainier SUV

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Love it
By Joyce

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my new truck. I went from a 1999 Tahoe to this. There is nothing that comes close to the comfort this truck offers. It is easy on the eyes and you will find your self not wanting to pull up in the garage.

Favorite Features

Comfort, easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I don't know about mine is my tire presure. How funny is that?

Everything I Need
By frank

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a Cadillac Deville for the last 10 years the Rainier compares in features and comfort. I needed a vehicle with the luxury of a Cadillac and towing capacity of a truck. Behold the Rainier is the perfect vehicle for my needs.

Favorite Features

The six cylinder is impressive. Plenty of power, quiet and smooth. Great economy also, on long trips 460-480 miles per tank. Also, it's a vehicle I'm most comfortable in being 265 pounds.

Suggested Improvements

My primary complaint is more leg room must given to rear seat passengers.

My "BIG" SUV
By jelap

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a 2006 SUV Buick owner for about 7 months now. Overall I am disapointed with the performance with the V6 291hp AWD, Hits slight inclines with a lot of difficulty, have to shove into 3rd gear to climb hills. Comfort wise, it is OK for me for my medium frame and build. Not very good on gas, get about 17-18 on streets, look at the mileage before you buy and factor in your daily/weekly/monthly cost. It is a sleek sexy car for the average person, The quality of the car is "huh" OK. The doors are "very" heavy and make a lot of noise when opening and closing, I tried oiling and greasing them, but to no avail. The lift mechanism for the hydraulics, when adjusting for heavy loads, is very noisy.

Favorite Features

Great overall exterior design, very nice. Smooth comfortable to ride, roomy interior, great sound system, love the sunroof and tinted windows as well as the 2nd window lift up on the back door for easy access.

Suggested Improvements

Quiter lift on hydraulics. Seals around doors for quiter interior. All leather option around whole steering wheel. More room in back to hide stuff away. EZ fold seat feature to completely hide seats (too bulky). Different bottom to top all around color schemes/design add ons.

Amazing SUV!
By Holly

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best! My husband and I bought it for the room, safety features and comfort. We will be starting a family soon and this car is great. My friend bought one because she loved driving in mine so much.

Favorite Features

OnStar and XM

Great Vehicle--No more van!
By BKnight

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rainier. I have the PGA Tour edition. The only drawback is the odd cup holder and storage situation, but otherwise I am very pleased. MPG average is 17-18 (I drive on country roads to work each day.) It gets 22- 24 on the highway. I had a loaded Honda Odyssey. I'm so glad to be out of the van!

Favorite Features

XM radio, sunroof, luxury ride

Suggested Improvements

Storage/cup holder in front area