2006 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Love it
By Joyce on 03/17/07 23:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my new truck. I went from a 1999 Tahoe to this. There is nothing that comes close to the comfort this truck offers. It is easy on the eyes and you will find your self not wanting to pull up in the garage.

Everything I Need
By frank on 02/06/07 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a Cadillac Deville for the last 10 years the Rainier compares in features and comfort. I needed a vehicle with the luxury of a Cadillac and towing capacity of a truck. Behold the Rainier is the perfect vehicle for my needs.

My "BIG" SUV
By jelap on 02/04/07 09:31 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a 2006 SUV Buick owner for about 7 months now. Overall I am disapointed with the performance with the V6 291hp AWD, Hits slight inclines with a lot of difficulty, have to shove into 3rd gear to climb hills. Comfort wise, it is OK for me for my medium frame and build. Not very good on gas, get about 17-18 on streets, look at the mileage before you buy and factor in your daily/weekly/monthly cost. It is a sleek sexy car for the average person, The quality of the car is "huh" OK. The doors are "very" heavy and make a lot of noise when opening and closing, I tried oiling and greasing them, but to no avail. The lift mechanism for the hydraulics, when adjusting for heavy loads, is very noisy.

Amazing SUV!
By Holly on 01/03/07 09:03 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best! My husband and I bought it for the room, safety features and comfort. We will be starting a family soon and this car is great. My friend bought one because she loved driving in mine so much.

Great Vehicle--No more van!
By BKnight on 12/05/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rainier. I have the PGA Tour edition. The only drawback is the odd cup holder and storage situation, but otherwise I am very pleased. MPG average is 17-18 (I drive on country roads to work each day.) It gets 22- 24 on the highway. I had a loaded Honda Odyssey. I'm so glad to be out of the van!

Big surprise
By PeterJ on 11/25/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd buy a Buick, but after testing the Rainier vs. the Envoy, Pathfinder, 4Runner and looking at everything else it comes out on top. Smooth, quiet, excellent mix of features, and the V8 gets unexpectedly decent mileage (15.8 city, and 22 highway). It has been perfect, no issues since day one, hope it stays that way. On top of all the pluses, the GM rebates made a great deal, over $9000 off MSRP.

Falls Short
By Barb on 10/23/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our Buick Ranier has plenty of interior room, and has so far been very reliable. However, the interior build quality leaves alot to be desired! Everything from the door handles, and door power panel mouldings, to side door mouldings has fallen off and the seatbelts stick. The rear end makes an "undetermined" noise and it does not handle great if you have to do any sudden "avoidance manuevers" while driving. I drive mostly highway and have never seen anywhere near the supposed 21mpg mark. I average 17.2mpg in a 2WD. It should not be in the luxury class, as it is just another mediocre GM SUV. Admittedly disappointed. Can't wait til my lease is up! Terrible resale value. GM will never listen to what buyers really want...Thats why Toyota & Honda have really taken off. They listen to concerns and work with them to build vehicles people want.

Mostly satisfied
By Chelle on 10/04/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased this vehicle, but was not looking for it. Wanted an Envoy, and could not get one, so this was suggested. Overall, I am happy with the vehicle. I have always owned a minivan, so this is different. However, the sad part about this vehicle is the gas mileage, it stinks! I was not prepared for the little gas mileage that it gets, but I am keeping it and just have to get used to it. Hopefully it will not let me down.

Junk
By w gotwals on 08/22/06 06:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

1197 total miles and the car would not start. Complete electrical shut down. It"s been out of service for 3 days now attempting to be fixed. Can't GM do a little better job

My car
By mcquiston on 08/21/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very limtied cup holders. Front seats need to go back another couple of inches for taller people. The settings should be key linked and not linked via remote

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.