Used 2006 Buick Rainier SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rainier SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Love my Buick!
By missmegs702

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning many other cars, incl. a Mercedes C230, my Buick Rainier is by far my favorite car, maybe ever. I'm in my early 30's, and a few years ago I probably would have scoffed at driving a Buick. In 2011 we were looking for a work SUV for my hubby (trailblazer, etc) and came across it at a dealership and got it for a steal. The next year he bought a truck, and I happily took over the Rainier. It is so comfortable, air ride is fantastic and it drives great. We got an extended warranty and had to have some of the suspension fixed (airbags and sensors) right after we bought it, but really no issues since. Have taken it on several long trips and it's just so comfortable! Really a great SUV.

Great gas mileage for an SUV, Leather Seats, Bose sound, air suspension, roomy rear cargo... I could go on and on. Reliability, this car gives me no issues and after spending a fortune maintaining a Mercedes, this really is one of my favorite things about my Buick.

Maybe a little more get up and go or improved handling, but really can't complain.

Problems
By Ken

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought this car used for me. She purchased the v8. Of course mpg is terrible. Great power and acceleration. Not enough storage room inside car though. Have had many problems and it has been in the shop for about 2 weeks with some sort of engine problem. ugh!

power, seats

gas mileage. no room

Truly useful
By Bill

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this former short-term rental vehicle with 13k miles on it in Dec '06. Now with 65k miles on it, the only thing that has malfunctioned was a headlight relay, quickly replaced under warranty. It's dead reliable, smooth, comfortable, great in snow and good at towing a 4k lbs, 26ft sailboat. Milage average is 19 mpg with mostly highway driving. Quality of materials and assembly is very high - the leather upholstery is actually better than that in my '04 Mercedes.

4.2 inline six is exceptionally smooth. Front seats are very nice.

Improve the hydraulic struts for the liftgate - they're kind of weak. Suspension is very soft which makes for a floaty ride and limits optimal cruising speed to 70-75mph.

sharp ride
By keith

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought suv to replace 2002 saturn. Drove the rainer beause it had options like the SL 300 saturn.The mileage at 41000 was 19.7 now meaning 10 months later mileage 16.7.All is far better in safety and road control with this vehicle.Sharp and great ride.

seats and information center

seat belt location

Impressive
By Rainer

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great driving, it does not feel like I'm riding in a truck! - The look of the vehicle is what I love the most.

My favorite feature is OnStar!

My vehicle was damaged and the new parts, front and back bumper, both factory seem very cheap, I hadn't noticed before. I don't like the noise coming from it the dealer said it had something to do with the rise of the car but the noise is irritating!