2006 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Love my Buick!
By missmegs702 on 08/15/13 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning many other cars, incl. a Mercedes C230, my Buick Rainier is by far my favorite car, maybe ever. I'm in my early 30's, and a few years ago I probably would have scoffed at driving a Buick. In 2011 we were looking for a work SUV for my hubby (trailblazer, etc) and came across it at a dealership and got it for a steal. The next year he bought a truck, and I happily took over the Rainier. It is so comfortable, air ride is fantastic and it drives great. We got an extended warranty and had to have some of the suspension fixed (airbags and sensors) right after we bought it, but really no issues since. Have taken it on several long trips and it's just so comfortable! Really a great SUV.

Problems
By Ken on 07/21/10 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought this car used for me. She purchased the v8. Of course mpg is terrible. Great power and acceleration. Not enough storage room inside car though. Have had many problems and it has been in the shop for about 2 weeks with some sort of engine problem. ugh!

Great Vehicle--No more van!
By BKnight on 12/05/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rainier. I have the PGA Tour edition. The only drawback is the odd cup holder and storage situation, but otherwise I am very pleased. MPG average is 17-18 (I drive on country roads to work each day.) It gets 22- 24 on the highway. I had a loaded Honda Odyssey. I'm so glad to be out of the van!

Falls Short
By Barb on 10/23/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our Buick Ranier has plenty of interior room, and has so far been very reliable. However, the interior build quality leaves alot to be desired! Everything from the door handles, and door power panel mouldings, to side door mouldings has fallen off and the seatbelts stick. The rear end makes an "undetermined" noise and it does not handle great if you have to do any sudden "avoidance manuevers" while driving. I drive mostly highway and have never seen anywhere near the supposed 21mpg mark. I average 17.2mpg in a 2WD. It should not be in the luxury class, as it is just another mediocre GM SUV. Admittedly disappointed. Can't wait til my lease is up! Terrible resale value. GM will never listen to what buyers really want...Thats why Toyota & Honda have really taken off. They listen to concerns and work with them to build vehicles people want.

Mostly satisfied
By Chelle on 10/04/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased this vehicle, but was not looking for it. Wanted an Envoy, and could not get one, so this was suggested. Overall, I am happy with the vehicle. I have always owned a minivan, so this is different. However, the sad part about this vehicle is the gas mileage, it stinks! I was not prepared for the little gas mileage that it gets, but I am keeping it and just have to get used to it. Hopefully it will not let me down.

My car
By mcquiston on 08/21/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very limtied cup holders. Front seats need to go back another couple of inches for taller people. The settings should be key linked and not linked via remote

Really disappointed
By Norman on 08/18/06 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We should have taken a longer test drive and done more homework. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. Tried to trade it in after a month, but already no trade-in value. The dealer obviously didn't want it back!

Fun to drive
By JAMES ZUNIGA on 05/08/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Very smooth riding and quiet. Comfortable seats. Easy to park. Lots of power for an inline 6. Has lots of extras that are optional on other vehicles. The navigation is simple and handy.

2006 Buick Ranier
By m buckenmayer on 04/16/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this mid size SUV. I drove over 20 other SUVs before deciding on purchasing the Ranier. It has plenty of pep, even with a 6 cy engine. The interior is the most comfortable of all SUVs I test drove. I am very tall and need a long seat, the Japanese SUVs were too short seated to give me proper leg or hip support. The ride is quiet, quiet, quiet. I love the XM/CD/ radio/nav system. Also there is lots of room as I easily can haul 5 golfers and their golf bags. I chose leather interior and it is very comfortable and very classy. The only thing I would change would be more storage space in the middle console.

Ranier, Surprise
By ranier on 04/14/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Buick Ranier on a whim, while out shopping one day. Normally, this is a foolish thing to do. I had researched so many other SUVs and wanted a 4 wheel drive vehicle for our southwest lifestyle. We immediately went on a four day weekend drive in mountainous Utah. We took a hunters trail over a 9000 foot mountain which included crossing creeks and traversing glaciers etc. No Problem for the 2 wheel drive Ranier. The six cylinder engine moves out very nicely. Comfort is awesome. My wife asked me the other day if I ever suffered from buyers remorse since or impulsive purchase? None.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.