Works for me -tailgates, trips, runabout
By howdydooit on
2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
12 months old - replaced an aging minivan & sedan. That said, we needed a vehicle for tailgating and trips. It holds all our gear (flag pole, folding table, chairs, grill, cooler, etc & 2 or 3 people, depending on how judiciously we pack - we can get away with only folding down one back seat). The sound system is awesome, the climate controls are individualized (plus rear controls for climate/audio), and it's extemely quiet and smooth. Fuel economy is 22 - 23 hwy, 15-18 around town.
Favorite Features
Bose sound system & XM is great! Old Time Radio Channel (Dragnet!) can suffer in audio quality with 60 yr old radio shows, so the quiet cabin really is a benefit (even closed sunroof has no wind noise). Turning radius is better than my car. This thing is nimble in tight spaces. Tilt down side mirror
Suggested Improvements
If I had to change anything, it would be the forward cup holder (blocks rear wiper control & is in turn blocked by the console mounted shifter when in park). I would also jazz up the instrument cluster a bit (is a little plain) & add some utility storage. Otherwise hope GM keeps working on econ.