2005 Buick Rainier Consumer Review: The SUV we L-O-V-E to drive

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Review

CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

The SUV we L-O-V-E to drive
By Smiley T. Papenfus on

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As a 6' 3" 51 yr old I have never enjoyed driving any vehicle more than the Rainier - when my wife goes out I want to come along just for the enjoyable experience of driving this most comfortable and quiet SUV again - well done Buick - you almost get a 10. This 5 seater with ample luggage space is perfect for our family of 4 - I frequently carry large trunk size cases. As a conservative driver I'm pleasantly surprised with our reasonable town mileage. I can honestly highly recommend this luxury SUV - if you don't want to pay an Escalade price, but want a handsome prestigious SUV - look no further than the Buick Rainier - I love this vehicle .

Favorite Features

Power adjustable memory leather seats; luxury leather/wood steering wheel with all controls built in so you never have to take your eyes off the road; the quiet smooth ride; high quality luxury finish; large packing space - no sedan can compete; personal computerized option settings.

Suggested Improvements

The console/drink holder layout is awkward - my water bottle is in the way of the stick-shift. A reverse warning system would have been a great added touch. Such light floor mats are just not practical.