2005 Buick Rainier 4.2L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Nice Vehicle with the discounts

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Review

CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Nice Vehicle with the discounts
By buddyboopotato on

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was giving up on American SUVs after a lousy experience with a Chevy Blazer, but then I found the Rainier after looking at Trailblazers. A much nicer platform, but the list pricing is insanely high. However, with all of the discounts at year's end (since they had 5 months inventory), I got it at $23,900 total cost for an 04 CXL AWD, and then with trade in and cash down, got it out the door below $17,000. For that kind of money, it is hard to beat. Great ride, very quiet, nice comfort features, and good performance. My only disappointment: gas mileage--avg 16. was hoping to be closer to 18, but I realize this is a large and heavy vehicle. I'd recommend, especially with the deals.

Favorite Features

Auto memory of each driver's settings, driver control center to customize a ton of features, quiet-tuning really works, heated seats, leather interior, separate driver-pax controls and front- rear controls, moonroof, spacious interior, and nice looking exterior

Suggested Improvements

try to find a way to improve the fuel economy, add a change drawer or something like it under the radio, move the cup holder near the shift lever to a better location, consider adding a cell phone holder wear the current cup holder between the shift lever and radio.