2005 Buick Rainier 4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My Rainier

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Review

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My Rainier
By Jim on

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Nice comfortable SUV. Good Power in the 6 and I think plenty of storage. Sound proofed windows make it very quiet inside. My wife even likes to drive it. Had Blazers (3) and this is a good change. Lots of whistles and bells at least for this country boy. Mileage has been trip 19.2 (cruise) and around town 18. Not too different than Blazer but I use 87 Octane now and no clicking like in the Blazers. Sound system is no Bose but is acceptable. Climate contol can be confusing even with instructions but good when you get the hang of it. Excellent instrumentation. Has a compressor which I thought was overkill but I've used it twice already. I must say overall, I like it a lot.

Favorite Features

Quiet and comfortable for a 6'4" me. Driver's seat is big and comfy. Rides well and mileage is acceptable. Goes when you punch it. Actually runs great on 87octane with no clicking. My wife will even drive it on trips.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control. Folding rear seats don't come down all the way when I am driver. Better handling. Better mileage. Quieter transmission. Improve side mirrors for blind spots and extension when the driver's seat is full back. More and sharper colors.