2005 Buick Rainier 4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Exciting Fun SUV

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Review

Exciting Fun SUV
By Gary on

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my new 2005 Rainier in July, and have 600 miles on it. It came with most every option available. GM Employee discount and rebates helped. Having a '97 Ford Explorer for 8 years, I was tired of the rough truck ride. I test drove the new Explorer (better) and a couple others. After reading consumer reviews; the Buick sold me for what you got for the price. Wanted a bit more luxury & smoother ride. It's a fun SUV to drive, very quiet, very comfortable, very smooth ride, nice handling, responsive, V6 has plenty of power. Bose sound system is worth the money. Major complaint in all reviews, the front cup holders, I totally agree, they are too small & worthless! More safety features would be nice

Favorite Features

The smooth ride, ease in driving, overall comfort, front daytime driving lights (they actually help others see you). Bose sound system. Overall, a great vehicle for the money...beat out many I looked at. I am very pleased with it, glad I opted for the Buick. However, fuel economy could be better.

Suggested Improvements

The turn signals on the outside mirrors don't do much at all. The cup holders are just crazy where they're placed, worthless! Amber rear turn signals would be a big help, the red ones blend in with the brake lights. Rear seat fold down design improvement, can't use the "under the seat" areas.