Used 2005 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rainier

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Better than Lexus
By Adrian Clark

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A great vehicle. After experiencing the Lexus RS300, this vehicle is far superior in all aspects. The Rainier is more roomy, more solid, more fun to ride and has a much more comfortable ride than the Lexus. The Rainier is quieter and the quality is superior.

Favorite Features

Lots of bells and whistles, comfort, quietness, roomy. The vehicle is nice to drive and gives good visabilty. And it is American.

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption is always an area that could be improved.

The Way To Go
By Roseann

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove this SUV and knew it was the one for me. It drives like a luxury car, handles the road well, very quiet and looks great.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the Quiet tuning.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Other than that, it is great.

Ranier
By richards

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is the best! So smooth and lots of power and very quiet.

Favorite Features

The ride, and the adustable and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Arm supports would be nice and bringing some of the wood look to the steering wheel would really dress up the look inside.

Our Ranier
By jim & Lou

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just completed a 6,000 mile trip with this vehicle. My husband and I both remarked how easy the SUV was to drive. As though it just glided along the hiway. With the air supension in it no matter how we packed the stuff in it, it always evened itself out and was the most comfortable ride we have ever had. We traveled thru mountains, deserts, plains, large cities, small cities, 4 lanes, 2 lanes, and every type of road imaginable and the vehicle just seemed to adjust to the road and conditions by itself. My husband is 6 foot tall and this is the first vehicle that we have purchased that his head does not touch the top of the car and he has plenty of room for his legs also. We are happy with the Rainier.

Favorite Features

The ease of getting in and out of the car. The self explanatory dash. The radio. The navigation system. The DVD movie center. The leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage would be nice and keyless entry.

Had to buy 2 of them
By Ed Kildoyle

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought one for myself and my wife liked it so much she wanted one of her own so we now own two of them. We both love our Rainiers as they give us the luxury comforts and the features of a mid sized SUV. They are very quiet with a comfortable ride especially on long trips. I have the V8 so the pickup is very good and unless you take turns at 80 miles an hour the handling and performance is more than satisfactory. I wish it had the rainsense wipers I had on my Cadillac as well as the backup warning system. Other than that we love our Buick Rainiers.

Favorite Features

Quiet smooth ride, XM satellite radio, navigation system, OnStar system. and air compressor system for external use.

Suggested Improvements

Add Rainsense wipers and backup warning system.