2005 Buick Rainier SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Better than Lexus
By Adrian Clark on 06/02/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A great vehicle. After experiencing the Lexus RS300, this vehicle is far superior in all aspects. The Rainier is more roomy, more solid, more fun to ride and has a much more comfortable ride than the Lexus. The Rainier is quieter and the quality is superior.

The Way To Go
By Roseann on 05/21/05 08:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove this SUV and knew it was the one for me. It drives like a luxury car, handles the road well, very quiet and looks great.

Ranier
By richards on 05/12/05 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is the best! So smooth and lots of power and very quiet.

Our Ranier
By jim & Lou on 04/23/05 21:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just completed a 6,000 mile trip with this vehicle. My husband and I both remarked how easy the SUV was to drive. As though it just glided along the hiway. With the air supension in it no matter how we packed the stuff in it, it always evened itself out and was the most comfortable ride we have ever had. We traveled thru mountains, deserts, plains, large cities, small cities, 4 lanes, 2 lanes, and every type of road imaginable and the vehicle just seemed to adjust to the road and conditions by itself. My husband is 6 foot tall and this is the first vehicle that we have purchased that his head does not touch the top of the car and he has plenty of room for his legs also. We are happy with the Rainier.

Had to buy 2 of them
By Ed Kildoyle on 04/23/05 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought one for myself and my wife liked it so much she wanted one of her own so we now own two of them. We both love our Rainiers as they give us the luxury comforts and the features of a mid sized SUV. They are very quiet with a comfortable ride especially on long trips. I have the V8 so the pickup is very good and unless you take turns at 80 miles an hour the handling and performance is more than satisfactory. I wish it had the rainsense wipers I had on my Cadillac as well as the backup warning system. Other than that we love our Buick Rainiers.

Not perfect but very good
By LWhitmer on 04/14/05 01:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've now had the car for 2 months and still find it very nice to drive - very quiet and smooth. It does have some problems though. The transmission does not downshift smoothly, ever. The AWD system is rather poor in snow - too much torque goes to the rear wheels making hills a real challenge that my previous Blazer ate up like butter. I find the braking and handling are quite good for an SUV even in emergency manuevers. All in all, a very good highway cruiser.

Best SUV We Test Drove & Bought
By Mark Ayers on 03/30/05 22:43 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is an elegant SUV that handles like a dream, with all the creature comforts you would want in a luxury SUV. It drives well, has great acceleration, and feels like it is floating. Some have criticized the rear suspension, but we have not found that to be an issue. We test drove other SUV's, even imported models, and for the money and accessories, it won.

Ambivilent
By Disappointed in PA on 03/26/05 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced my Lexus RX300 with an American car. Love the drive, size of cargo space but disappointed with the navigation system. Had 3 other cars with navigation previous to this. This car I have to replace my CD with the Nav disk. What a pain. The sticker said it had a 6 CD changer but when I checked it out the navigation system had replaced the 6 CD changer. How dispointing. Then the Nav system requires you change areas (NJ and PA are not in the same districts). Shame on you GM. DON'T BUY THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM. It is not worth it. Get an external one if you must have it. Can't believe we got ripped off but love the car and only drive it around town luckily.

Comfy ride
By Kim on 03/18/05 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had it long. I had a 96 Blazer before moving up to this SUV. It is very comfortable and handles well. It has a lot of luxury features the my other SUV did not have. It is quiet. You don't hear a lot of extra road noise. It is a very smooth riding vehicle. I love it!

Buick Rainier
By J Byrd on 03/18/05 10:25 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick Rainier that my wife and I purchased was a being driven by the owner of the dealerships wife. The car is all that we had expected at this time in our ownership of it. The ride is exceptional and has all the room that we need since our kids are away at college. The power and handling seem to be fine also. We have not had the opportunity to take the car on an extended road trip to get an accurate estimate of highway millage but local driving seems to yield around 17 mpg. In short at this point my wife loves the car so I'm happy with it also