2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Review of 2005 Buick Rainier
By Lou Kirk on 01/03/06 16:12 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I couldn't be happier with it. Comfort, driveablity, power, MPG could be a little better, easy to park, visibility to see other traffic on the road is exceptional, maintaince is easy, OnStar makes me feel very secure. I have driven this vehicle from the mid United states to the east coast and then to the west coast and back to the midwest and not one problem. Would like to see keyless entry on the next one that I get.

Great SUV
By Hannah DeLisle on 11/16/05 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

W have been very happy with this vehicle, one of the best we have had. We took it to Florida and back to Micigan and it was great. I have only had to change the oil two times in over a year.

My Buick
By Nanny on 09/19/05 10:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I have purchased. I previously owned a Park Avenue and my husband owned a GMC Pick Up. I loved both and didn't need both so the salesman suggested I purchase an SUV. I have made a couple of trips to Atlanta and love the power, V6, the ride, It reminds me of my car and gives me the height of the truck. There is plenty of room for me to travel as I want. My sister and I will make a trip to Norfolk, Va in October and she has a small scooter which will fit in the back real well. I couldn't be happier with my decision. The only way, would be if it were paid for.

Excellent SUV
By Jay on 08/14/05 00:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned the vehicle since June 05 after owning a 1990 Toyota 4 Runner. The Rainier is such a wonderful ride and very quiet. It is easy to get in and out of and with all of the standard options included, it was a no brainer. On the highway, set your cruise or before you know it, you will be over 80 mph. Mileage is 20 highway and 15 city. Leg room is plenty, both front and back seats. The Bose audio system is outstanding. The front drink holders need to be redesigned as to location, but overall, we love this vehicle.

Exciting Fun SUV
By Gary on 08/01/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my new 2005 Rainier in July, and have 600 miles on it. It came with most every option available. GM Employee discount and rebates helped. Having a '97 Ford Explorer for 8 years, I was tired of the rough truck ride. I test drove the new Explorer (better) and a couple others. After reading consumer reviews; the Buick sold me for what you got for the price. Wanted a bit more luxury & smoother ride. It's a fun SUV to drive, very quiet, very comfortable, very smooth ride, nice handling, responsive, V6 has plenty of power. Bose sound system is worth the money. Major complaint in all reviews, the front cup holders, I totally agree, they are too small & worthless! More safety features would be nice

My wifes Rainier
By i loar on 07/10/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This one is thirsty, getting only 17 mpg city and 18.5 highway. it has too much body roll. The engine seems to be working too hard at interstate speed. It's missing some features of a LeSabre and is not enough vehicle for the money. I really expected more from a Buick. It's not as quiet as advertised.

Jan's Rainier
By Roger Hall on 06/27/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful car. Comfortable to drive on long and short trips. The Air ride makes for a very smooth ride. A very nice looking vehicle.

The SUV we L-O-V-E to drive
By Smiley T. Papenfus on 06/12/05 01:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As a 6' 3" 51 yr old I have never enjoyed driving any vehicle more than the Rainier - when my wife goes out I want to come along just for the enjoyable experience of driving this most comfortable and quiet SUV again - well done Buick - you almost get a 10. This 5 seater with ample luggage space is perfect for our family of 4 - I frequently carry large trunk size cases. As a conservative driver I'm pleasantly surprised with our reasonable town mileage. I can honestly highly recommend this luxury SUV - if you don't want to pay an Escalade price, but want a handsome prestigious SUV - look no further than the Buick Rainier - I love this vehicle .

We love our Rainier
By Z on 06/09/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Quiet, powerful and comfortable style. Our Rainier is powered by a 5.3 V8 and gets 18 average MPG. Compared to other brands, we are happy with the Rainier's gas mileage. It handles very well.

OK by me
By Dave on 06/09/05 09:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No problems with this SUV...Very quiet ride which I have never experienced in an SUV before and this is my third. Interior is very comfortable. No trips to the dealer in my first year. Low profile tires help it look good and handle well.