2005 Buick Rainier SUV 4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

2005 Rainier Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Broken suspension and transmission
By madismommy2004

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the past 2 years I have been dealing with my suspension,I bought the car at carmax,they fixed the comressor only to find out I need an air bag,and what they couldn't see that the holes in the air bag is what is causing it to sag. And of course I am now out of warranty so I have to pay out of pocket. Now my transmission is slipping and it doesn't want to move faster than 35mph.It won't shift into 3rd gear.What else can go wrong with this car....If I knew what i know now about it I would never have bought it! Oh and warranty parts at carmax SUCKS!6MO OR 6000 MILES WHICH COMES FIRST, HOW ABOUT A YEAR LIKE OTHER PLACES OR DEALERS!

Best automobile I have ever owned
By uscgc

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Most trouble free auto I have ever owned. It is quiet and handles well in curves.

Favorite Features

Love the heated seats and the Bose six cd player

Suggested Improvements

Has a tendency to road walk a little.

Buick Rainier: Too many headaches
By nobuicksjim

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bad fuel sender. Buick sends a notice to finally to cover 1/2 the repair cost. Too late. Driver's side door handle. Broken twice. Part is engineered to fail. $127 to buy $4 of plastic Rear air suspension problems. This will be the last Buick I ever own.

Love my Rainier
By layla4909

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I amazed when I see the bad reviews from people. My Rainier has been so good to me. I love it sooooo much. My husband has always wanted to take it from me and keep it as his own. It handles so well. I feel safe. I know my kids are safe. The ride is so smooth. The sound system is great. For the price, I feel that I have gotten so much more than I paid for. Love it. Love it. Love it. Can't wait to get my next Buick. I am sold and super excited about all the new models Buick is offering. To be honest I always thought Buicks were just for "old people". Forget about it. The new models are hot!! and I can't wait to trade up! Won't be the least bit apprehensive either.

Love my Rainer
By sally

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have own my Rainer for 3 years and love the smooth, quiet driving. But most all I love my satellite radio, I will never go back to listening to AM or FM.

Favorite Features

Satellite radio and seat adjustment controls

Suggested Improvements

Only wish it had a place for a women's purse.

Cadillac to Ranier
By Betty W

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We'd been driving Cadillac sedans for years and switched to the Ranier SUV. It is very comfortable and pulls a trailer very well even in the mountains. We love the Ranier.

Favorite Features

Easy in and out. Love the Bose stereo system and the GPS.

Suggested Improvements

Better placed cup holders. Less noisey suspension adjustment. We could do without the sun roof.

A New SUV Owner
By Ed Chandler

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to drive and maneuver in parking lots. Plenty of power in the 6 cylinder engine. Doesn't cruise on open roads as well as the LaSabre I owned previously but is much better on mountain roads. I like the inside comfort and controls. Plenty of storage space in the rear. Very smooth and quiet ride.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive around town and maneuver in tight places. Also, very smooth and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy.

I'm buying another
By skeet

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a vehicle I have liked more. Traded a BMW and would never go back. Feel reviewers have given this vehicle a bad rap. I like everything about this vehicle and can't wait to get my new one. Also own a DTS Caddy and really would just as soon drive the Buick. Runs like a scalded dog. A/C is fantastic. Ride is wonderful. Edmunds say Toureg or 4Runner? I say pooey. 6'1 250 lbs this is one roomy vehicle. Wonderfully reliable. What more can I say? Have owned Suburban and like this much better. Turns on a dime. Easy to park.

Favorite Features

Ride, performance, and quietness.

Suggested Improvements

A/C. Seats.

Wow
By Melody Myers

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed the ownership and smoothness of the ride, great amenities, and ease of handling.

Favorite Features

OnStar, A/C system, seats, and automatic locks.

Best SUV Ever
By Mac

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2005 Ranier CXL AWD for about 14 months. It is by bar the best overall SUV we have ever owned. The ride quality is outstanding, the handling sharp, the performance excellent, and the carrying capacity fantastic. Overall we get about 20 mpg on the highway (70 - 75 mph) and about 15 in town. My wife likes it so much that I seldom get to drive it except on trips. It is one of the quietest vehicles I have ever driven. The size, ergonomics, features, and performance are just about perfect for the two of us. Our friends enjoy very much when we take the Ranier, going out to dinner.

Favorite Features

Power pedals -- my wife loves them. XM radio, heated / memory seats, and the moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Add the power tilt/telescope steering wheel from the Cadillac STS.