Used 2005 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

My 2005 Buick Rainier 5.3L V8
By Joshua Zion

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Rainier is Gave Me The Driving Experience Of A Life Time.

I Love My Buick The V8 Lets Me Show Off To My Best Friend And It Is So Quiet

I Love The QuietTuning Buick Ive Only Had to replace the Catiliac Converter And The A\C

Love my Rainier
By Dawana Faye Daniel

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Before my Rainier I owned and was only driver of a 1995 extended top Chevy Conversion Van. I loved my Van. It was my Motor Home. When I moved I finally had a garage, was getting a little old to crawl up to scrap off the Snow and ice, it would not fit into the Garage and it was needing some work. I had to have one I could see out & above the instrument panel. As soon as I saw my University Of Ky Blue SUV I oh so wanted it to be the one. I was so tired of searching. I sat down in that driver's seat and was sold. The Carmax did not give it a good report on gas mileage. I was getting to the age that this was not a problem.
For the amount I have paid for extra fuel compared for what some of my friends have in repair, I have the best deal. I travel some with 2 dogs and so cargo is plentiful. It rides like a car and is great in the snow if I have to drive. It may well be my last vehicle. Because they no longer make the Rainier. It gets the best care possible. My son, his wife and my daughter, her husband own Enclaves. Even the step down from Enclave does not fit this 4'10" 78 year old Great Grandmom.n

Money Pit
By pensketech1

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner of my Rainier. At 65000 miles, I had to replace my engine due to a cracked head (coolant got in the oil and wiped out my bearings). I am experiencing turning problems at low speeds and now my security light comes on and vehicle will not start. My GM rep. told me I was out of luck when the engine blew, and the repair costed me over $4000 to do myself. GM needs to actually stand behind their vehicles. I have owned GM vehicles all of my life and am no where near satisfied with this one.

5.3l engine, Leather seats and air suspension

Scrap the Buick line and bring back my Pontiacs

Broken suspension and transmission
By madismommy2004

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the past 2 years I have been dealing with my suspension,I bought the car at carmax,they fixed the comressor only to find out I need an air bag,and what they couldn't see that the holes in the air bag is what is causing it to sag. And of course I am now out of warranty so I have to pay out of pocket. Now my transmission is slipping and it doesn't want to move faster than 35mph.It won't shift into 3rd gear.What else can go wrong with this car....If I knew what i know now about it I would never have bought it! Oh and warranty parts at carmax SUCKS!6MO OR 6000 MILES WHICH COMES FIRST, HOW ABOUT A YEAR LIKE OTHER PLACES OR DEALERS!

Best automobile I have ever owned
By uscgc

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Most trouble free auto I have ever owned.
It is quiet and handles well in curves.

Love the heated seats and the Bose six cd player

Has a tendency to road walk a little.