Buick Rainer V-8
By shadav on
2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned several Buick's and this is by far the worst one I have owned. The one I traded in had 143,000 miles on it and was still running perfectly. With the Rainier, I began have trouble around 60,000 miles. The instrument panel had to be replaced, then the air conditioner blew hot air on the passenger side. Then it was the transfer case, then the air bags used in the suspension area began leaking. At this very moment, it is parked in my garage with a broken water pump. I haven't driven it in 4 months. Instead, I bought a used vehicle that I paid cash for to get around town in. It has been much more reliable than the Buick.
Favorite Features
I like the fact that the body is metal and not plastic like the Rendezvous was. AWD is great. Lots of room for tall people. Love the towing package. The handling is fantastic like all previous Buick's I have owned.
Suggested Improvements
This Buick has so many problems, I do not know where to begin. The plastic coating around the stereo started peeling off early on. It looks really ugly now. Then all the other mechanical problems that exist. That is probably why Buick no longer builds them. It definitely did not retain its value at all. At present, with repairs and purchase price, I have spent $45,000 on this vehicle. Even though my uncle is a GM dealer, I will probably never buy another Buick again. This vehicle is very unreliable. You never know when you are going to be left walking with this vehicle. With my past experience with Buick, this vehicle is lacking in quality from every direction.