2004 Buick Rainier Consumer Review: Bitter Sweet

2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Review

CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Bitter Sweet
By Tony1234 on

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This 2004 AWD Rainier has major ongoing issues. Starting at 80,000 miles its one repair after another. I love the features, style and ride. I don't tow, off road or plow. I just drive like any normal person. All scheduled normal lube maintenance has been practiced as recommended by manufacture manual yet the AWD never seems to work. I replaced the transfer case, transmission, front differential, axles, 4 decoder motors, wiring harness and 2 front wheel sensors($9,000+)and the front wheels still don't work. This whole vehicle should have been recalled in my opinion. Oh! The speedometer is brke

Everything cosmetic is great! The features, style, erganomics, comfort and ride are the best. Its the mechanical problems I'm experiencing which is so frustrating. I should have kicked the wheel when I bought it to see if the vehicle would crumble.

If anyone can recommend any aftermarket parts companies which may have heavy duty replacement parts for this Rainier I would appreciate a reply. Hopefully the specifications will be improved over the originals.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review